For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
Facility Management Micro Region Leader, UK
This role ensures the consistent delivery of all facilities related functions, including facilities maintenance operations, infrastructure management, workplace experience, space management, excellence in delivery of site services, maintenance and utilities operations, project delivery, energy management and facilities operations by applying an effective balance of internal employees and service providers.
The role has responsibility for the facilities function, while contributing to the successful leadership of the sites. As a peer on the Facilities Management Sub regional team (UK-Ireland-Nordics), the role will work closely with their peers in the sub region to align the site with and achieve the sub regional team goals.
The incumbent needs both leadership and technical ability to deliver on this role, to work effectively with many peers and partners. This role also has a key aspect of working with strategic external partners to deliver services. This role is also part of an end-to-end partnership with Real Estate and Project Delivery.
This is an exciting role, with a chance to make a difference; are you ready for the challenge? If so, read on for more details, as we would love to talk to you.
Facilities Management - Technical Aspect of Role
- Responsible for implementing business continuity plans, energy/sustainability initiatives, and infrastructure management programs to support strategic facilities planning in support of Engineering and Property Services (E&PS) and Site Leadership.
- Lead an efficient Utilities Maintenance Program to sustain targeted equipment availability.
- Develop/ Maintain relevant Critical metrics for Facilities and report progress and plans to the site and global leadership teams.
- Ensure effective and high-quality data maintenance in the Computerised Maintenance management system.
- Assure accurate documentation of records for facilities department activities.
- Ensure high standards of safety and environmental processes and systems in relation to work preparation, execution and control for internal and external teams.
- Responsible for knowledge of and alignment to the policies and procedures as they relate to the requirements of FDA Quality System Regulation, ISO 13485 and ISO 9001.
- Establish budget and accurate spending projections, lead within capital and operating resources and have ability to identify significant OPEX and capital spend requirements during Budget preparation.
- Lead handover of projects from the Projects team on completion.
- Lead a team of 5 permanent staff.
- Provide leadership and mentor the professional and personal development of reports by providing performance feedback, establishing clear goals and objectives.
- Building strong productive working relationships within the Facilities Management function
- Lead contractors on site, by communicating and collaborating with key contractors for service delivery, repairs & maintenance and agreements for the facility and grounds.
Site Leadership Team and Facilities Sub Regional Team
- Develop strong business relationships with internal partners and peers across the site functions, ensuring that Facilities Management goals are met while fully supporting the site goals.
- Work with Senior Leaders, partake in and lead cross functional teams.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Facility management, Business or a related field.
- Clear understanding of J&J Credo Values.
- A comprehensive understanding and experience of facilities management, ideally with experience in MedTech or Food manufacturing facilities.
- Strong passion for people leadership and development, with a proven track record to collaborate with, influence and partner with colleagues throughout Headquarter offices and Manufacturing Operation as a Strategic Business Partner.
- Experience leading teams through change and dealing with organizational transformation
- Proven understanding of Quality & Safety Management Standards.
- Knowledge of Equipment/Calibration repair & preventive maintenance programs and asset management implementation.
- Knowledge of capital project delivery.
- Knowledge of real estate.
- Drive, energy and passion for delivering to Business commitments.
- Demonstrated record of critical thinking and tactical responsiveness.
- Team leadership including mentoring & coaching skills demonstrated in a business environment.
- Strong communication, reporting and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and orientation to detail.
- Familiar and experienced in problem solving methodologies.
- Strong influencing and partnership skills.
- Strive for continuous improvement on facility and labour standards.
- Passion and ability to engage optimally with Government agencies and with the local community.
- This role can be located at any of our UK sites.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.