Janssen Business Services (JBS) belongs to the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. JBS is a global organization located in USA, Belgium, Ireland, The Netherlands, Singapore and Switzerland.
Within JBS, our mission is to provide diligent stewardship of the Janssen business model, by protecting and optimizing the product intellectual property (IP) structures in close collaboration with Janssen Commercial, R&D, Supply Chain, Tax and Treasury.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Finance Analyst to join the JBS Controlling Principal Companies organization in Cork, Ireland. The analyst should have a keen aptitude for systems and process improvements/optimisation, and business partnering with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, the Senior Finance Analyst will support the Irish Janssen Principals and key responsibilities will include management reporting, profit & loss for actual and forecast cycles, product reporting and analytics, financial compliance, process centralisation and automation initiatives, and other strategic projects as they arise.
- Support, submit and present timely, accurate and compliant financial results to, for signoff by, Finance Manager/Director (Business Plan, Latest Thinking as well as Quarterly Close).
- Support, enhance and standardize Planning & Actuals processes as well as standard reporting across JBS Ireland.
- Closely partner with other Janssen / JBS affiliates, Treasury, R&D, Supply Chain, Local CTC, Pharm Tax Planning, Global Functions and Corporate Consolidation teams on various initiatives e.g., product flows and launches, hedging, cashflows, cross-charging.
- Significant involvement in multiple critical technology projects such as SigniFi, Pharm TranSCend, Transact.
- Lead on ad hoc projects, as required, to meet business objectives including business integrations and corporate initiatives.
- Champion continuous process improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices.
- Support the local JBS team to achieve its goals and objectives and foster a dynamic, collaborative, high performance culture.
- Support internal and external audits and partner with Compliance.
Key Requirements for this role
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree qualification, with ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA or other financial certification, with minimum 5 years relevant finance experience in a multinational environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, both written and oral.
- Comfortable dealing with complexity, with the right attention for detail but without losing the bigger picture.
- Team player with an ability to work independently and achieve results with good prioritization skills while maintaining accuracy under pressure.
- Ability to work on own initiative and collaborate and build trust amongst colleagues and leaders globally.
- Strong technical accounting expertise and functional knowledge (GAAP, Supply Chain, Commercial) is a plus.
- Ability to adapt to organizational change while maintaining day-to-day operations.
- Strong eagerness to improve processes in a dynamic environment with a focus on automation and use of digital technologies.
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills required. Alteryx, PowerBI skills preferred.
- Have an enquiring and critical mindset, constantly challenging the status quo.
JBS is committed to providing an inclusive and equitable work environment and promoting the wellbeing of all employees. Applicants who are interested in the following flexible work arrangements are welcome to apply and we’d be happy to actively discuss this option with you.