Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Test and Compliance Engineer, in Redwood City, CA.
At Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions, we’re changing the trajectory of health for humanity, using robotics to enhance healthcare providers’ abilities and improve patients’ diagnoses, treatments, and recovery times. Johnson & Johnson Robotics was established in 2020 with the integration of Auris Health, Verb Surgical, C-SATS, and Ethicon. It comprises three key med-tech platforms: Flexible Robotics (MONARCH®), Surgical Robotics (OTTAVA™), and Digital Solutions. Join our collaborative, rapidly growing teams in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City and Santa Clara), Cincinnati, and Seattle. You’ll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that unite multiple subject areas to build a connected digital ecosystem that advances medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes
Test and Compliance Engineer will work directly with a team of experienced engineers to lead compliance activities for the products in US/OUS markets and testing activities for current and next generation robotic platforms within the medical device space. We are seeking individuals with demonstrated experience in Compliance activities and ability to perform system and board level Electrical Safety, and EMI/EMC testing. We offer the opportunity to work with next generation robotic platforms used in medical space and define protocols for compliance and testing in the markets.
- Achieve product compliance in US/OUS markets for current and future products.
- Work with Regulatory team to prepare documentation, necessary reports, and memos for filings.
- Plan and lead required compliance test activities with laboratories and notified bodies in accordance with compliance test standards, conduct and witness tests, and performing root cause analysis for failures.
- Collaborate with relevant engineering teams to resolve compliance issues.
- Work with design engineers to lead test activities for installed base, current & future platforms.
- Develop test protocols for products, conduct and document tests and manage issue logs for Verification and Validation of the product.
- Participate in other electrical engineering activities, as needed.
- BS with 3+ years or MS with 2+ years of relevant experience in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge of product test strategy development, test execution, issue logging, root cause analysis and report generation.
- Ability to interpret system and board level schematics, debug issues and outline solutions.
- Familiarity with Compliance engineering techniques, prior work with test labs and regulatory bodies
- Problem solving skills, great aptitude for analysis, ability to multi-task & cross-functional teamwork.
- Prior experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools is a plus.
- Prior knowledge of IEC 60601 and IEC 61508 standards is a plus.
- Experience with robotics and medical device development is a plus.
- Experience with Agile, JAMA and JIRA is a plus.
- Ability to travel domestic and international 20%
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to speak with you!
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $95,450 to $ 153,410
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, [long-term incentive – include LTI only if applicable] disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated because of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .