Johnson & Johnson Medtech is recruiting for a Senior visual designer. This position is located in Redwood City, California.
At Johnson & Johnson Medtech, we’re changing the trajectory of health for humanity, using robotics to enhance healthcare providers’ abilities and improve patients’ diagnoses, treatments, and recovery times. Johnson & Johnson Robotics was established in 2020 with the integration of Auris Health, Verb Surgical, C-SATS, and Ethicon. It comprises three key med-tech platforms: Flexible Robotics (MONARCH®), Surgical Robotics (OTTAVA™), and Digital Solutions. Join our collaborative, rapidly growing teams in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City and Santa Clara), Cincinnati, and Seattle. You’ll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that unite multiple subject areas to build a connected digital ecosystem that advances medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will join an engaged, multi-disciplinary team consisting of UX, visual, and industrial designers working on the high-profile, flexible robotics platform, MONARCH®. We are passionate about harnessing design in a collaborative environment to craft compelling experiences for nurses and physicians.
- Explore visual design concepts to create compelling and engaging UI experiences.
- Simplify complex problems through visual communication.
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and a keen eye for visual design principles in screen designs, layouts, presentations and visual concepts.
- Communicate the “why” behind design proposals in alignment with a higher level brand vision.
- Leverage a design system and strive for brand appropriate and consistent design language across features and products while continuing to shape, evolve and challenge the existing design language.
- Prepare final graphic assets, layouts, iconography and any necessary supporting documentation for successful SW implementation of final UI designs. (eg. Hit zone markups, text box boundaries etc.)
- Collaborate with engineering and clinical partners to understand user needs, opportunities and requirements in the surgical robotics space.
- Leverage motion design, interactive prototypes or any creative means necessary to effectively communicate a design vision.
- BA or BS Degree in Graphic Design or related field
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience
- Fluency in Figma and Adobe Suite
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Portfolio showing a range of visual styles and robust process
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 3D or motion skills are a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10%, international and domestic, is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.