Janssen Biotech, Inc., a member of Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is recruiting for an Oncology Clinical Educator to support the Southeast territory.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Biotech, Inc. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We at Janssen are entrusted with one of the most important jobs in the world. We aspire to transform lives by bringing lifesaving and life-changing solutions to people who need them. We’re committed to providing safe and effective medicines as well as the services and support that contribute to healthy outcomes. This calls for the best science, the most creative minds, and an openness to collaborate with researchers, governments, and patient organizations at every stage – from early discovery to market access and patient education.
In this exciting role, the Oncology Clinical Educator (OCE) will be responsible for providing clinical education for the Janssen Oncology brands primarily focused on PI-based and disease state education to non-physician patient care teams (PCT), including nurses, nurse navigators, pharmacists, and other advanced practice providers (APPs), such as Nurse Practitioners and Physician’s Assistants to drive positive PCT and patient experiences. OCEs support a patient experience that focuses on the whole patient, addressing educational needs related to both clinical and behavioral aspects of treatment and disease management. This position will work with the Solid Tumor OCE team and be responsible for the Southeast territory.
OCEs will be a trusted educational resource for PCTs and patients to better understand various aspects of treatment with Janssen Oncology brands. OCEs will help support PCTs caring for patients treated with Janssen Oncology brands through education and approved resources in a defined geographic territory.
The OCE will serve as the strategic education leader across academic and community oncology accounts in a defined geographic area. The OCE will analyze account dynamics to gain a deep understanding of customer educational objectives and customer clinical challenges. The OCE will use these insights to develop strategic educational plans.
The OCE will determine how to best engage PCTs and accounts, monitor the changing market educational needs/clinical trends, and compliantly collaborate with internal/external partners to build/execute plans that support the education needs.
The OCE will also play a key role in the education of patients, through requests from advocacy groups.
The OCE is responsible for conducting all activities in accordance with current regulatory and health care compliance guidelines and in alignment with the OCE Rules of Engagement.
Key Job Responsibilities: (Duties may include, but are not limited to the following)
- Build external relationships with PCTS (RN, NP, PA, Pharm.D., Nurse Navigators) and develop and manage a geographical territory
- Develop and maintain a strategic territory plan that meet customer educational needs and clinical challenges, through analysis of account dynamics and clinical insights
- Educate PCTS on disease state awareness, as well as, both clinical and operational aspects of appropriate patient identification
- Educate PCTs on the clinical profile of products including but not limited to clinical benefits and administration requirements
- Provide education programs through 1:1 presentation, round table discussions, or formal presentations
- Provide education to patients in patient advocacy meeting settings
- Master all aspects of the clinical and administrative profile of a new cancer medications
- Teach key external stakeholders (infusion nurses, other medical staff) on the infusion process associated with a new cancer medications
- Understand, translate and communicate relevant clinical education topics to diverse audiences
- Utilize strategic questioning and actively listen to routinely document and share PCT clinical insights from customer engagements that take place within accounts or at national, regional, and local meetings
- Utilize clinical insights to shape local education strategy and build strategic account educational plans
- Attend and provide clinical information and/or presentations at national, regional, and local meetings
- Provide staff support, as appropriate at exhibit booths and displays as required
- Actively participate in journal clubs, book clubs, and team clinical discussions
- In collaboration with supervisor develops, implements, and documents performance and development plan
- Participate in projects as assigned by management
- Perform all administrative requirements in a timely, accurate and compliant manner (eg. expense reports, documentation of activities)
- Provide regional and local support to clinically enhance sales training initiatives and improve clinical competencies of field personnel in partnership with Sales Learning and Development
- Support the assigned therapeutic areas within the Janssen Oncology portfolio and compliantly collaborates internally across functional areas as it relates to the Oncology business including sales, marketing, Health Policy & Advocacy, Medical Science Liaisons, Janssen Care Path, etc.
- Maintain thorough understanding and competence in the following areas: Oncology Clinical Educator mission, vision and rules of engagement; operating company labeled scientific data; market dynamics and competitive landscape; regulatory and health care compliance guidelines; corporate policies on appropriate business conduct and ethical behavior; relevant SOPs and guidelines
- Stays current in clinical developments related to specific disease states
- Develops and maintains advanced presentation skills to facilitate effective communication of clinical information
- Documents all interactions, clinical insights and customer profile information daily as directed
- Attends clinically relevant meetings for personal/professional development
- Maintains the highest level of professional standards in all interactions with customers and other business contacts
- Conducts all aspects of the OCE role in accordance with the OCE Rules of Engagement
· Bachelor’s degree required.
- Active RN license or Advanced Practice degree (Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant/MSN) required.
- OCN/AOCN/AOCNS/or AOCNP certification required.
- 8+ years of work experience required
- 2+ years post graduate oncology clinical and/or educational experience is required
- Experience with Oncology and/or Hematology products required
- Excellent presentation skills required
- Knowledge and/or experience with direct to patient education initiatives preferred
- Previous industry experience preferred
- Previous experience in introducing new specialty pharmaceutical/biologics products or indications a plus
- Ability to navigate and discuss complex clinical data
- Excellent collaboration and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates critical thinking
- Ability to build comprehensive account educational plans
- Ability to analyze clinical insights to shape local education strategy
- Strong teamwork focus with ability to compliantly navigate field partner complexities, in alignment with Rules of Engagement
- Above average computer skills: PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Expected to work 40-hour work week, with flexibility on occasion to work additional hours when needed.
- Requires travel of approximately 70% depending on geography (includes overnight travel); Other travel for business meetings as required; Travel by air, including overnight and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift and transport work materials
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be fluent in the English language and have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must live in the territory or have the ability to relocate to the territory, living near a major airport is preferred.
Information on benefits can be viewed by following this link: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.