This role is accountable for two primary objectives:
1. Ensuring that the Procurement organization delivers results in support of the Janssen business strategy and objectives. The role is responsible for handing both Marketing and R&D category family indirect sourcing cases/projects and works directly with the business leadership, Marketing and R&D leaders, Procurement Category leaders, and Finance Directors to align Procurement activities. As manager in Japan Procurement, the role develops sourcing and other strategies to solve business problems, and serves as a role model for the function.
2. Will be responsible for leading critical procurement processes and projects as part of an agile team. This role requires engaging with business partners and stakeholders to align procurement activities with the organisation's objectives in certain areas. The individual will also provide sourcing, supplier relationship management, project management, leadership, and oversight to ensure timely, on-budget, and high-quality delivery of priorities.
The role’s scope of responsibilities include:
· Orchestrate the delivery of procurement services amongst the three tiers of our operating model through close collaboration and partnership (Business Unit Procurement, Global Services, and the Corporate Tier)
· Understand the Janssen business priorities and partner with Procurement Category Leaders to devise strategies that advance those priorities
· Collaborate with senior business leaders to ensure Procurement initiatives meet identified business needs, and are adopted within the business
· Identify Japan or business area specific industry trends that Procurement must build into its category strategies to ensure sustainable relevance to the business
· Lead Japan strategic sourcing projects designed to address the most pressing business challenges.
· Deliver against performance targets for the Janssen Procurement organization in the role’s areas of responsibility, and ensure target achievement
Approximate Percentage of Time
· Partner with the business and category leader to devise strategies and processes that advance Janssen priorities.
· Lead complex, strategic projects to advance business objectives or category strategies
· Lead major strategic sourcing events and negotiations as required
- Ad hoc assignments as determined by corporate priorities
Required Minimum Education : Bachelors Degree, MBA or further advanced degree is desirable
Required Years of Related Experience: Min 10 years
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Uncompromised requirements for the role) :
· Strong business acumen – the ability to understand challenges through the eyes of the Janssen Japan business leaders in R&D and commercial areas
· Influencing skills – the ability to persuade others to change behavior in pursuit of a common goal
· Experience in talking with senior stakeholders about projects and initiatives
· Strong leadership and collaboration skills at the senior executive level, as well as with peers
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to confidently present complex information to senior executives
· Broad-based understanding of core procurement areas of focus (spend management, source-to-pay)
· Demonstrated learning agility, and the ability to improve both yourself and the people around you
· Experience leading projects from design to implementation.
Experience in competitive bidding and sourcing strategy development.
Preferred Minimum Education: Bachelors or Equivalent
Preferred Area of Study: BS/BA in an applicable field of study; advanced degree is preferred, MBA a plus
Preferred Related Industry Experience (if applicable): FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
• Demonstrated agile behaviors
• High level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community, based on broad experience
• Proven track record in leading cross-functional teams and executing significant change programs
• Multi-category experience with experience across geographies of varied sizes and businesses
Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment
Key Working Relationships
· Janssen R&D and Commercial Leaders
· Corporate functions such as HR, Finance, Legal and others
· Japan Janssen Agile Procurement team
Indirect Services and Global Services Procurement Regional Procurement Leaders
· Industry thought leaders
Peer procurement leaders
*Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in Japan strongly recommends prospective employees to complete the COVID-19 vaccination before or as soon as after joining our company to prevent the spread of infection among our employees and people around them as well as our customers and the community we serve, and to ensure our responsibilities are sustainably fulfilled as a healthcare company (except for those who cannot vaccinated with underlying medical conditions and other circumstances).