We are currently hiring for a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer who has experience in embedded application software and firmware development. The candidate would be responsible for designing, simulating, and implementing performance-enhancing software & algorithms used in ABIOMED’s family of products. We are looking for a motivated and energetic self-starter, someone who has a ‘make it happen attitude and who can thrive in a fast-paced, cutting-edge environment.
- Conversion of user needs and design inputs into software specifications.
- Design, develop, and test software per medical device software development life cycle (IEC-62304)
- Participate in software risk analysis and mitigation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members, including clinicians and data scientists, in further refining and developing advanced algorithms.
- Prepare and maintain programs and documentation for analytic models
- Conduct defined quantitative and qualitative research projects independently and communicate research results to stakeholders.
- M.S. in computer science, math, or an engineering field or equivalent work experience; Ph.D. preferred.
- 5+ years of experience writing memory and run-time efficient code in C/C++ on an embedded platform (micro-controller, microprocessor, etc.).
- Experience in writing lower-layer drivers and familiarity with networking protocols, i.e., CAN, I2C, SPI, TCP/IP
- 3+ years of experience in developing multi-threaded applications on real-time operating systems.
- Knowledge of QNX and/or Linux would be a big plus.
- Professional experience in time-domain and frequency-domain biomedical signal processing algorithms development would be a big plus.
- Knowledge of modeling and analyzing large data sets using Python/R/MATLAB or equivalent tools.
- Familiarity with standard data algorithms and machine learning techniques.
- Experience in the medical device industry is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of cardiovascular physiology would be a big PLUS.
- Willing to travel 5% of the time to meet with customers to assess product performance in the field and gather user needs.
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and explore new technologies.
- Independent, efficient, and able to manage competing priorities.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .