Senior Medical Writing Scientist
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Medical Writing Scientist to join our Regulatory Medical Writing team. The primary location for this position is the United Kingdom. Secondary locations are Canada, United States, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Spain and France. This is a global role and is open to other countries. Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the company.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, cardiovascular and metabolism, and pulmonary hypertension. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com for more information.
The Senior Medical Writing Scientist will support the Neuroscience, Oncology or Immunology Therapeutic Areas (TAs); however representatives from all TAs comprise the hiring team and you may also be considered for other TAs during the recruitment process.
- Prepare and finalize clinical documents such as, but not limited to, clinical study reports, investigator's brochures, protocols, summary documents, risk management plans and regulatory responses.
- Participate in or lead cross-functional document planning and review meetings. Interact with peer writers and colleagues from other departments. Lead program-level writing teams with supervision.
- Coach or mentor more junior writers on document planning, processes and content.
- If a lead writer for a program, be the primary point of contact and champion for medical writing activities for the clinical team. Plan and lead the writing group for assigned program.
- Establish document timelines and strategies in accordance with internal processes, with mentorship from functional management and clinical team, as needed.
- Acquire, maintain, and apply knowledge of the industry, company and regulatory guidelines.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s or equivalent University/College degree is required. Advanced degree (Masters, PhD) preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant pharmaceutical/scientific experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant medical writing experience is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, both in time management and in project/process management is required.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to resolve basic problems independently and complex problems under supervision.
- The ability to build solid and positive relationships with cross‐functional team members.
- The ability to learn and recognize how to best interpret, summarize, and present statistical and medical information to ensure quality and accuracy of content in document types under supervision.
- This position will require up to 10% travel.
For US Candidates
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $84,000 to $135,700.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees and/or eligible dependents may be eligible to participate in the following Company sponsored employee benefit programs: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, business accident insurance, and group legal insurance.
Employees may be eligible to participate in the Company’s consolidated retirement plan (pension) and savings plan (401(k)).
US employees are eligible for the following time off benefits:
- Vacation - up to 120 hours per calendar year
- Sick time - up to 40 hours per calendar year; for employees who reside in the State of Washington - up to 56 hours per calendar year
- Holiday pay, including Floating Holidays - up to 13 days per calendar year
- Work, Personal and Family Time - up to 40 hours per calendar year
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
- The compensation and benefits information set forth in this posting applies to candidates hired in the United States. Candidates hired outside the United States will be eligible for compensation and benefits in accordance with their local market.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.