Janssen Supply Chain (JSC) is looking to recruit a Vice President, Supply Chain Quality - Large Molecule. We are open to considering this global role to be based at major JSC manufacturing locations in the US NJ/PA, Cork, Ireland or Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson, provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), cardiovascular disease, general medicine (acid reflux disease, infectious diseases), mental health (bipolar I disorder, schizophrenia), neurologics (Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, migraine prevention and treatment), pain management, and women’s health. Our goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com
This position serves as a member of the Janssen Supply Chain Quality Leadership Team. In cooperation with the members of that team, the incumbent is responsible for developing/deploying the Quality strategic plan and assuring the integration/alignment of this strategy with the Quality Supply Chain strategy, and Enterprise Quality functions including J&J Regulatory Compliance. The incumbent is ultimately responsible by law for the compliance profile of functions under his or her area of responsibility which are Large Molecules for Janssen Supply Chain internal manufacturing sites.
- Serves as member of JSC Quality and Janssen Large Molecules leadership teams, providing leadership and direction to the overall organization, building processes to improve the capabilities of the organization.
- Assures appropriate processes and resources are in place and effective to deliver a sound compliance profile in Large Molecule manufacturing locations. Assure key JSC Quality processes are aligned and coordinated with marketing affiliates through the Commercial Quality group. Assures that the quality process and systems are adhered to and maintained. Communicates expertise and guidance on relevant regulations, directives on standards and industry guidance related to quality system design and operation.
- Oversee adherence to metrics for Quality within and across business unit.
- Partner closely with JSC Quality colleagues to develop common strategies across the globe. Benchmark best practices internal and external to J&J. Work with Pharma Compliance team to develop Global Quality Policies. Assure implementation of these policies. Serve as Sponsor to selected processes.
- Develop associates to assume varied future opportunities. Partner with J&J leaders to assure development opportunities are afforded to key talent. Includes mentoring, coaching, etc.
- Explore synergies and barriers to supply chain and development interactions. Build processes to assure that appropriate touch points and hand offs are in place to assure overall organizational effectiveness.
- Assure that appropriate metrics/targets are established, monitored, and met, including removing barriers.
- A minimum of BA/BS degree required, MA/MS/MBA desirable.
- At least 15 years of senior level experience in quality management in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology environment with demonstrable experience leading large global Teams is required
- Must have Drug Product (DP) and Drug Substance (DS) Large Molecule experience is required
- At least 15 years of significant prior experience with Regulatory authorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge cGMP’s and other applicable Global FDA, EMEA, AP, regulation
Possess a working knowledge of analytical chemistry, microbiologic test methods, chemical synthesis and/or biotechnological processing and pharmaceutical manufacturing technologies preferred.
- Must have prior experience managing large and complex organizations including a network of sites is required
- Demonstrated expertise in maintaining strong compliance profile in sites in network
- Is a role model for the Global Leadership Profile behavior. Location of the role will be US NJ/PA, Ireland, or Switzerland. With a potential of up to 35% travel
Management and Leadership Skills :
- Seasoned executive leader with significant people and organization leadership experience (at least 15 years)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an open, collaborative, interactive leadership style.
- Balanced decision-maker.
- Ability to build and nurture strong and positive relationships with Supply Chain, Commercial and R&D leadership.
- In-depth understanding of biological/chemical processes and manufacturing.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking capabilities and the ability to help define a vision for the future.
- Sound business skills, including financial acumen and business planning.
- Team collaboration skills; coaching skills
- Results-driven leader who commits to stretch goals and delivers results.
- External relationships and visibility in the industry. Credibility with regulatory agencies is critical (FDA, EMEA, AP) and more broadly
- Ability to translate strategy to execution and drive the organization forward in executing and delivering results
- In-depth understanding of pharmaceutical processes and cGMP requirements.
For candidates located in the United States, the anticipated base pay range for this position is $184,000 to $339,000. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis. Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.