Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Sr. Engineer, CLOUD Engineering and Automation to join the Cloud Automation Team to be located in Raritan, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 265+ Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 126,500 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Sr. Engineer, Cloud Engineering and Automation role is part of Johnson & Johnson public cloud engineering and automation organization to drive adoption of public cloud computing environment in secured manner. This role will be passionate about developing cloud automation patterns, associated security and compliance guardrails, and automation to meet application hosting requirements. This role will (a) lead development of RESTful APIs and microservices for workflow orchestration (b) partner with server and database teams to lead strategy and roadmap for automated provisioning, automated decommission, automated patch management for servers and databases across all hosting platforms.
As a Sr. Engineer in the Cloud Engineering and Automation team, this role will be uniquely positioned to work collaboratively with strategic external partners, global leaders and executives across the business and technology to passionately understand our technology needs, define and shape public and VMware cloud IaaS automation to align with technology needs and improve the overall reliability and performance of services offered. This role will have the unique opportunity to grow and scale with a diverse, credible and agile team with the talent and technical expertise to identify, launch, and iterate the next-generation of products in our portfolio.
The role is for individual contributor with strong technical background in public cloud, Terraform and Python REST API based automation for automated provisioning, change, patch and decommission of VM, PaaS database in AWS, Azure, GCP and private cloud. The qualified candidate should be an agile team player who is able to lead and participate on cross-functional teams, gain alignment and drive decision making with CLOUDx and application teams.
- Drive Infrastructure automation strategy for hybrid and multi cloud footprint to support application hosting requirements
- Lead business case development for Infrastructure as Service automation and deliver automated provisioning, decommission, security configuration management, and patch management for Servers, Databases, PaaS and Kubernetes
- Lead teams to Develop REST APIs in python using BDD methodology and implement public cloud security guardrails.
- Partner with application teams and drive resolution of sophisticated technical problems across infrastructure and application stack.
- Establish a public and private cloud disaster recovery strategy for critical applications
- Develop and retain talent to manage server and database lifecycle on VMWare Software Defined Data Center, AWS, Azure and GCP
- Partner closely with business & technology leaders and teams globally and develop Infrastructure as a Service roadmap to support new business growth and TSA exit
- Leverage internal and external resources to develop, advance and retain talent.
- Groom Jira features and stories to improve reliability and reduce support incidents for global infrastructure.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in infrastructure engineering
- 2+ years hands-on experience in AWS or Azure
- 2+ years hands-on development experience in Python REST APIs
- AWS Associate or higher certification
- Knowledge of Terraform
- Python development experience
- Self-starter with positive relationship abilities and customer service skills
- Technology thought leadership in the latest advances in the market, trends, and modern technology frameworks (e.g. Agile, DevOps)
- Strong product technology background; strong understanding of platform thinking and global experience delivering global platforms while tailoring for regional/local markets
This position based in Raritan NJ and requires approximately 10% travel
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $111,000 to $192,000. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis. Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.