Janssen Research & Development (“JRD”), a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Postdoctoral Scientist in Data Science & Digital Health. The location for this position is Cambridge, USA or Beerse, Belgium.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass neuroscience, oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, pulmonary hypertension and infectious disease. Our goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives! We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit https://www.janssen.com/us/.
The Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning and Digital Health team within Janssen R&D develops innovative insights and solutions using a variety of different data sources across multiple disease areas. We are looking for an outstanding post-doctoral scientist who will:
- Have profound knowledge of current state-of-the art neuroimaging pipelines for data cleaning, analysis, feature extraction and visualization.
- Be able to independently design, build and implement state-of-the art prediction models using large-scale neuroimaging data (such as fMRI/MRI, PET, EEG).
- Participate in cross-functional collaborations with external companies and internal scientific and data science teams.
- Present analysis in a cross-functional setting, contextualizing how it fits within the broader project.
- Develop new methods and prepare scientific publication, patents, technical reports.
- Stay on the cutting edge of neuroimaging analytics, prediction modeling, statistics and related areas.
- A Ph.D. degree in neuroscience, biomedical science, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, biostatistics or statistics, mathematics, computer science or other relevant fields
- Proven experience with analysis of neuroimaging data, such as fMRI/MRI, EEG.
- Experience developing and testing reusable analytical pipelines and code
- Experience using neuroimaging software like SPM, Freesurfer, FSL, ANFI, EEGLab, Nilearn, etc.
- Experience in analyzing data from wearable biosensors (e.g., accelerometer, ECG, PPG, EMG, voice)
- Proficiency with one or more programming language such as Python (preferred), MATLAB, or R
- Ability to effectively communicate technical work to a wide audience
- Passionate about enhancing insights from data to drive scientific innovation
- Proven scientific excellence, as measured by publications, patents, high-level presentation
- Ability to work in an agile matrix environment
- Additional experience in analyzing data from wearable biosensors (e.g., accelerometer, ECG, PPG, EMG, voice), PET imaging data
- Familiarity with drug discovery and the clinical development process and/or expertise in one or more therapeutic areas
- Familiarity with the statistical design and analysis of randomized controlled trials and observational studies
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against because of disability.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.