Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist I, CAR Screening and Discovery based in Spring House, Pennsylvania.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Cell Therapy team at Janssen Therapeutics Discovery seeks a lab-based, highly motivated Associate Scientist to join our Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) Screening and Discovery team. The Associate Scientist I will join a cross-functional group of experts building a high throughput CAR screening pipeline for autologous and iPSC-derived effector cell types. The ideal candidate is an organized, self-driven scientist that thrives in a collaborative team-based environment, is excited to learn and has experience setting up in vitro functional assays to measure T cell function using both representative cell lines and primary human cells. Demonstrated expertise in multi-color flow cytometry is essential. Key activities will include optimizing and executing immune cell-based assays for high throughput screening of CAR candidates, collecting, and analyzing multiparameter flow cytometry data, cell line maintenance, and assisting in the processing/management of high-volume data.
- Design and execute experiments based on protocols
- Analyze and interpret experimental data
- Actively participate in troubleshooting of routine problems related to continuous improvement or development of new approaches/technologies
- Coordinate experimental activities with other team members to deliver results that meet pre-defined timelines
- Assist in CAR T cell generation, expansion, characterization, and cryopreservation
- Thaw and culture a variety of mammalian cell lines using aseptic technique
- Maintain a thorough, accurate, complete, and up-to-date laboratory notebook
- Data generation, analysis, maintenance, and communication to immediate team and cross-functional teams
- B.S./B.A. with 2+ years of academic and/or industry experience
- Experience with in vitro cell culture: aseptic technique, cell-line culturing, freezing and thaw is required
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry (>4 colors) and downstream data processing/analysis (FlowJo) is required
- Experience with nucleofection, transient transfection and/or transduction of cell lines and/or primary cells is preferred
- Broad technical expertise working with cell therapies is preferred
- Experience with cell-based assays such as T cell proliferation, activation, co-culture and in vitro cytotoxicity assays is preferred
- Experience with automation of assays to increase throughput is a plus
- Willingness to think outside the box, be creative, flexible, and able to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to multitask, independently organize time, and plan specifics of work
- Detail oriented, with excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent Record keeping and documentation skills, experience using ELN systems a plus
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.