Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, a division of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manufacturing Operator located in Athens, Georgia .
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Manufacturing Operator is responsible for performing duties related to the preparation and manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients, intermediates, and/or medical devices. These responsibilities include using equipment for the assembly and processing tasks to produce finished products according to established specifications and in accordance with standard operating procedures, as regulated by quality, environmental, and safety agencies (FDA, EPA, OSHA, DEA, etc.).
- Possesses a basic understanding of a limited number of chemical production processes within area of assignment and a working knowledge of manufacturing equipment and chemical processing principles
- Sets up, operates and cleans production equipment used to produce intermediate or finished products for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, Narcotic products, medical device raw material components, or other products as directed; Completes all associated support activities in the production of these products.
- Follows and accurately completes batch records/logs, SAP transactions and other documentation associated with all production processes to ensure efficient operations and compliance with cGMP and standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrates effective operation of dryers, centrifuges, mills, reactors, water systems, DCS and PLC control systems and appropriately responds to alarms and interlocks.
- Transports materials of varying weight in accordance with established safety guidelines using material handling equipment and additional assistance as required
- Performs area safety inspections to identify safety hazards and report findings in accordance with company protocols.
- Performs all duties with attention to quality, safety and environmental matters including: wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, recognizing, reporting, and appropriately responding to hazards in the work area (spills/accidents/near misses), maintaining proper housekeeping at all times, and properly labeling and storing chemicals.
- Completes process sampling requirements following applicable schedules and techniques.
- Demonstrates adherence to safety procedures by monitoring personal and peer behaviors, work environment and housekeeping.
- Ensures DEA requirements are met about sampling, documentation, and accountability of product, if applicable.
- Compiles records and reports on quality inspection results.
- Performs basic troubleshooting on equipment such as dryers and centrifuges as well as DCS/PLC controls and failure issues and recognizes abnormal operation of instrumentation.
- Participates on site investigative teams and where applicable, in VSAs, PSSRs, PHAs, and behavioral safety assessments; Corrects and/or mitigates findings from assessments.
- Live Our Credo and the Janssen Purpose by putting the need of Our Credo stakeholders first, pursuing the highest standards of compliance, quality and ethics.
- Connect inclusively within the department, with other departments, and within the company to address customer needs.
- Shape the future through innovation by inspiring new ideas, trying new things, and demonstrating resilience and agility to adapt to change.
- Grow by developing self and others to reach goals by engaging in open and honest conversations, managing energy, and taking ownership for outcomes.
Additional position requirements:
- Assumes responsibility for the environmental effects of work performed and for the identification and recording of environmental problems as they arise.
- Follows all applicable aspects of the site Environmental Management System as it pertains to normal job duties.
- Partners with Supervisor and Quality Department in making recommendations to modify existing procedures, instructions and batch logs within the assigned production processes as well as developing new procedures, instructions, and batch logs.
- Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, EPA, OSHA and DEA. Maintain compliance with all company and site policies and procedures and the intent of our Credo.
- Completes RCRA training within first six months of employment and annually thereafter
- Completes all regulatory training as assigned (cGMP, ISO14001, OSHA, DEA, etc.)
- Completes Operator Training Program according to established guidelines.
- Accountable to ensure the Area is prepared for internal and external audits. Participates in audits as necessary. Drives documentation and housekeeping practices to assure a continuous state of inspection readiness.
- Continuously looks for ways to simplify or improve products, services, systems, and processes to achieve business goals, e.g., improve yield, cycle time, quality, and productivity.
- Makes a positive contribution through demonstration of ability to seek out assistance from co-workers as needed, to suggest ways to improve upon current operations practices and systems; and to learn new skills, procedures and processes.
- Be available for overtime work on a scheduled or emergency basis.
- High school diploma
Experience and Skills Required:
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand Basic English and read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, government regulations and procedure manuals.
- Basic math skills required.
- Basic PC navigation such as the ability to enter data into programs/software applications as instructed and use software applications for mail, word processing, spreadsheets and other job specific needs highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate and effectively work as part of a team.
- A minimum of 6 months of work experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, or industry that aligns with cGMP environment.
- Operating skills of manufacturing equipment, tools, and hand/forks trucks preferred.
- Knowledge of DCS and SAP systems.
- Must be willing and able to meet the physical demands of this job which include: standing, walking, climbing, bending, stopping, reaching with hands and arms, and using hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently required to talk, hear, taste and smell; must have the ability to work from ladders or platforms up to 30 feet in the air and the ability to lift, push or pull up to 40 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to qualify for respiratory protective equipment use.
- While working in this job the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work rotating 12-hour shifts required which may include days and/or nights, in support of continuous operations.
- Integrity and behavior based on the Creed Ethical actions at all levels in the activities of promotion and sale of products
- Leadership: Establishes and communicates objectives, measures achievements, retains responsible people and gives useful feedback. Delegate and develop. Build motivated and high-performance teams understand what motivates different people.
- Business understanding: Knows the business and the functional skills necessary to perform the job. Understand various types of business proposals and how companies operate in general, learn new methods and technologies easily.
- Orientation al Result: Pursues everything with direction and energy, focused on the final result, without fear to initiate the action without knowing all the facts, is committed to finish what starts.
- Relation: Warm, friendly and with interpersonal skills, accessible and easy to communicate. It relates well with all people, builds positive relationships.
- Confident Communication: Write and present effectively, adjust to the audience and the message, transmit the message forcefully.
- Flexibility and Adaptation to Change: Open to learning, is in continuous personal improvement, is aware of itself and the impact it generates on others, is receptive to feedback, is flexible, adapts to characteristics that demand different situations.
- Learning skills: It is an indicator of potential, demonstrates the ability of the person to learn from new experiences and put those lessons into practice in more complex challenges.
- Critical thinking: Analysis of endogenous and exogenous variables that impact the market. Motivated to foresee a better future; assumes any function or task and improvement; has a dissatisfaction without concessions with the status quo; puts the client at the center of all thoughts; maintains the concentration in promoting the value of the client; Motivated to develop current state of things; an agent of change.
- Global orientation with attention to detail: Overview and particular ambitious market environment. can operate in two "worlds" at a time, p. eg, growth and cost control, success of the ventures and the local company; see why and what happens; You can put yourself in perspective and get close to things, as needed.
- Organization and development of talents: Optimize the use of resources that can be provided by the Company and its Distributors. motivates and empowers others to accomplish the desired actions; Enjoy developing a group with varied people; instills confidence; attracts good people; brings out the best in others; Invests time to "connect" personally with the organization.
- Intellectual curiosity: Challenge to the status quo and search for creative solutions that can improve the way of doing things. see the possibilities; willing to experiment; pursue new ideas; pleasant with ambiguity and uncertainty - Sense of urgency: Management of the balance between the urgency of the clients and the compliance processes of the organization and its different areas.
- Passionate about results and performance: Balance between Customer Oriented & Results Oriented. assumes personal responsibility for business results and solutions; willing to make drastic decisions; generates results in a systematic way that meet or exceed expectations; shows background in staff development; defend diversity.
- Innovation In a changing ambitious market, formulate creative tactics to achieve the objectives.
Sign on Bonus and Relocation assistance available
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.