Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people worldwide every day.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. is one of the world's largest consumer health and personal care products companies. Our consumer companies produce many of the world's most trusted brands, among them BENADRYL®, ZYRTEC®, TYLENOL®, MOTRIN®, and LISTERINE®. Each one of our consumer businesses embraces innovative science to create products that anticipate consumer needs and create experiences that help them live healthy, vibrant lives.
Research & Development Co-op Overview
This position is specifically for the Consumer Health sector of the business in Fort Washington, PA. Co-ops in this role may participate in the product development, process design, fundamental research, and/or technical troubleshooting of consumer health products for regional and global markets.
Under routine supervision, the R&D Co-op will:
• Follow standard operation procedure, be trained on the operation of state-of-art instruments, help in literature search, participate in experiment design, carry out the studies as planned, troubleshoot abnormalities, summarize results, and present the data in the format of official reports internally, and/or conference presentations/peer reviewed scientific journal articles publicly.
• Maintain records in accordance with cGMP.
• Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
• Communicate potential problems and issues to the supervisor in a timely manner.
• Review unusual results with the supervisor.
• Participate in laboratory investigations as needed.
• Acquire, maintain and apply current professional knowledge and skills associated with the job.
• Order laboratory supplies as needed.
• Adhere to regulatory, Johnson & Johnson and departmental requirements.
Life as an R&D Co-op
The R&D Co-op program provides each student with real-life hands-on experience, coaching and mentoring, and networking opportunities.
• The co-op will be primarily based onsite in Fort Washington, PA through the duration of the term.
• Daily transportation to and from the work-site location is the student's responsibility; Fort Washington is accessible via public transportation (Train) and company transportation is provided to and from. Housing assistance may be offered for students who are eligible.
• Career mentorship is available with endless networking opportunities within assigned team and beyond.
• Full time (40 hours per week)
We plan on hiring multiple co-op students across several functional roles within Consumer Research & Development. Each co-op will be assigned to a single function with a specific project for the 6-month co-op term, assignment area will be matched to business needs. Below are examples of the various functional roles for which co-op positions may be available:
- Upstream Formulations: Developing, testing, and scaling up new formulated products and ingredients in support of proof-of-concept ideations.
- Downstream Formulations: More defined projects that are faster to market and already have a strong scientific body of evidence supporting the innovation.
- Analytical Analysis: Supports product development teams with use of instrumentation (HPLC,UPLC) and analytical methods. Performs method development, stability/shelf-life studies, and assay/dissolution/degradation methods.
The applicant must:
• Be legally authorized to work in the United States without limitations and require no sponsorship for visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
• Be a student enrolled in a full-time undergraduate/graduate degree seeking a program majoring in a Science related field.
• Have a major in the following fields: Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Material Science & Engineering, Polymer Science, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biological Science, Chemistry, Computer Science & Engineering, and Behavioral Science.
• Have a minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA at the time of application.
• Be able to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the 6-month co-op term.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.