Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting a Backup Senior Engineer. The position can be located anywhere in the U.S. or any Johnson & Johnson global location.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals.
It is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, this position may be conveyed with New Consumer Health. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to the successful candidate by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time and would be subject to any necessary consultation processes.
This global Backup Senior Engineer position will primarily focus on the alignment of platform and technical strategies with the business vision and objectives through research, design, and architecture of new technologies. The Senior Engineer Backup/Recovery will also ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of enterprise backup systems, and monitor, maintain and optimize all system operations in a hybrid-cloud environment. A qualified candidate would be a self-starter, motivated, and driven by results and be excited to learn new things while contributing to the team.
- Contributing to the design, engineering, and implementation of systems infrastructure.
- Maintaining operating systems and related software related to Backup and Recovery (B/R) environment.
- Managing and monitoring enterprise systems environment related to B/R.
- Acting as a Level 3 (L3) Subject Matter Expert and resolving problems in the B/R environment.
- Interfacing with internal and external auditors as required.
- Coordinating with global operations teams (e.g.Linux/Windows/Database, SAP) to restore and recover data as needed.
- Evaluating & observing industry trends in support of continuous improvement of recoverability capabilities
- Partner with external service providers to provide talent and services to drive high standards
- Drive innovation through automation of services and capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 6 years of relevant technology experience
- Demonstrated backup administration experience with Veritas Netbackup 8.x, 9.x - Veritas’s appliances 5xxx generation of hardware.
- Demonstrated experience with EMC Data Domain administration hardware and cloud systems
- Demonstrated experience with Cloud infrastructure administration (at least one of) AWS, GCP, AZRA
- Demonstrated experience using DR orchestration tools such as VMware’s Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
- Experience managing backup/restore/DR in AWS or MS Azure
- Prior experience in supporting global operations and following Enterprise level process frameworks
- Independent judgment and technical problem solving, decision-making
- Experience with VMware virtualization platforms
- Applying excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate and resolve issues.
- Strong analytical skills with a good background in data recovery, DR, on-premises as well as cloud (AWS, AZR, GCP)
- Ability to work with others well is important as this role is global and you will need to liaison with folks across different time zones.
- Ability to work with and provide direction to vendors and consultants.
- Candidate should be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Candidate should demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, is able to learn new technologies quickly and effectively and can meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
- Understanding the automation for Backup/Restore/DR using tools like open-source Chef, Git/Stash, JIRA and Jenkins
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families, and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career, and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.