Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, is recruiting for a Director, Real World Population Health Research to be located in the United States as a Field-Based Role.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The main objective of this position is to lead customer engagement from a Janssen cross- therapeutic area research perspective through partnership with key external and internal stakeholders.
He/she will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies for partnering with customers/entities to develop, prioritize, and execute RW Population Health Research (PHR) and Healthcare Quality projects that meet stakeholder needs and align with Janssen therapeutic area (TA) and PHR key research questions and business objectives.
The position will have a dual role of customer facing activities as well as research study execution.
The PHR Director will work with leadership with some degree of autonomy to:
- Develop and implement strategies to identify and gain access to key strategic customers (e.g. national health plans, IDNs, hospital systems, ACOs, PCMHs) and emerging health care influencers (e.g. quality programs) to determine PHR priorities.
- Advance scientific customer relationships by engaging senior stakeholders and maintaining the research relationships as part of cross-functional JNJ customer account teams, in alignment with Value & Evidence Scientific Engagement (VESE) Field, SCG, Healthcare Quality Strategy Directors, Medical Affairs, Marketing, etc.
- Design and conduct research studies, develop population health management resources, manage publications and associated communications to ensure compliant communications to customers. Research studies will be conducted with health systems or internal/external analytic partners.
- Ensure that all research is fully aligned with the PHR strategies by serving as the research conduit across Janssen scientific functions including Integrated Evidence Teams/Integrated Evidence Generation Plans, RWVE, Medical Affairs, Epidemiology, R&D Global Market Access, etc).
- Ensure compliance with all study related guidance including regulatory, legal and commercial regulations (for example Contract Pricing Committee, Copy Approval Committee) in conducting research and dissemination of scientific information
- Advance internal J&J understanding of external population health and quality priorities/goals through newsletters, presentations, etc, and maintain ongoing integration with home office business planning processes and IEGTs to ensure Janssen research strategy meets evolving external customer evidence needs.
- Identify novel databases and research partners to address key RWVE research questions and facilitate awareness to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Develop subject matter expertise in key RWVE, Population Health and Healthcare Quality research topics of interest to customers (e.g. adherence, predictive analytics, population health, program evaluation, etc.), as well as customer research capabilities, processes and systems
- JSA scientific research leader to key Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) and health plans- develop strategies to develop and maintain high level customer relationships, lead cross portfolio research discussions, align research priorities to meet customer needs. (30-40%)
- Customer-centric research project execution (in one or more therapeutic areas) and publications and tool development through either direct project ownership or facilitation/support. (40-50%)
- Align with internal Janssen research groups, and develop subject matter expertise on cross-portfolio areas of company interest and evolving topics of customer interest. Lead educational initiatives to increase awareness of this expertise for relevant internal stakeholders. (10-20%)
- Directly manage budget considerations across multiple projects to ensure appropriate reporting. (5%)
- Participation on JSA and RWVECOE special projects, ensuring best practices, as necessary. Represent PHR on cross functional teams with internal partners. (5%)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred. i.e. Master’s degree, Doctorate or o Advanced degree in Public Health, PharmD or MD, Economics, Epidemiology, Health Policy, or a related subject area is preferred.
- At least 7 years relevant experience.
- Expertise in healthcare industry, clinical knowledge or practice across multiple therapeutic areas, medical reimbursement, technical expertise in economic evaluations or patient reported outcomes, including data analysis and statistics
- Excellent in leadership skills, collaboration, influencing and communication (both written and presentation)
- High level planning and execution of research strategies
- Experience in developing and gaining management approval for outcomes-based strategies and tactics to align with both commercial and scientific objectives for a given product or therapeutic area
- Solid experience in conducting Real World Evidence studies applying health economics, patient-reported outcomes, retrospective data analyses, epidemiology or health services research
- Firm understanding of drug development process, United States health care systems and customers, and Healthcare Quality; specifically understanding unique and dynamic business models and perspectives
- Firm understanding of regulatory standards for approval and communication of data
- Firm understanding of the uses of evidence-based medicine and comparative effectiveness analyses for health policy decision-making
- Experience with Janssen RWVE data generation and dissemination polices and processes
- The PHR Director must be able to travel with overnight stays. Requires approximately 50% travel with occasional travel on weekends (e.g. medical meeting, advisory board).
- Must have a valid driver’s license as a condition of employment and operate an automobile.
The base pay range for this position is MIN $152,000 to MID $229,000
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
This position is eligible for a company car through the Company’s FLEET program.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, long-term incentive, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.