Johnson & Johnson Vision, Inc is recruiting for Sr. Injection Molding Engineer in Jacksonville, FL!
The Sr. Injection Molding Engineer performs a variety of plastic injection molding process and mechanical assignments utilizing both process and mechanical engineering fundamentals. Works at an advanced technical expertise level involving planning, development and design of equipment, processes, or facilities. Responsible for developing optical molding processes and cell equipment to facilitate high-quality products and reliability.
Takes a leading position in activities involved with sub-contractors/vendors from beginning of design process through installation and start-up processes. Acts as advocate for continuous improvement of technology and processes. Adheres to environmental, health, and safety policy/procedures.
- Plans, conducts, and directs injection molding/equipment assignments for production support in areas of process capability, uptime, cycle-time, and yield.
- Maintain and improve injection molding ancillary equipment i.e., transfer robots, water temperature controller, hot runner temperature controllers, resin feed systems and controls, etc.
- Manages multiple projects across various disciplines. Participates in troubleshooting and resolving equipment, systems, and process problems to prevent the occurrence of product nonconformity.
- Prepares equipment, process, safety, and materials specifications and conducts technical analysis of vendor proposals.
- Qualifies new equipment and performs vendor and site acceptance testing to meet project objectives i.e., IQ, OQ, PQ, MOC, Change Control. Ability to adhere to internal management of change process.
- Provides training to manufacturing (operations) engineers and technicians to operate, troubleshoot and maintain new equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Plastic Engineering (focus on Injection Molding), Applied Sciences or related field.
- In lieu of Bachelor’s Degree, a High School Degree & additional 15 years engineering experience in injection molding process/equipment development, troubleshooting (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, etc.), retrofits & major breakdown repairs is acceptable.
- Thorough knowledge of plastic processing & molding technology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- 10% travel (domestic/international).
- Ability to work at the Jacksonville, FL site.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering
- Thorough knowledge of government regulatory requirements.
- Preferred experience working in FDA environment.
- Experience working with Injection Molding.
- Detailed knowledge of government regulatory requirements.
- Specific knowledge of Netstal, Sumitomo, Arburg, Engel.
- 2D & 3D CAD software experience.
- RJG Master Molder I Certification.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.