At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
At Johnson & Johnson MedTech Companies , for more than a century, with patients at the center and in partnership with those on the front lines, we have harnessed the power of technology and breakthrough innovation to elevate new standards of care. In an increasingly digital world, we are reimagining health – working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health systems costs, and drive value.
In surgery, orthopaedics, vision, and interventional solutions , we go beyond what’s next to help save lives and create a future where healthcare solutions are smarter, less invasive, and more personalized.
What you will do
Our MedTech Engineering Development Program (EDP) is a two to three year* Early-In-Career Rotational Program that offers exciting and unrivaled assignment experiences supporting a wide variety of highly specialized, cutting-edge sectors across the engineering organization, such as: Research and Development, Life Cycle Management, Supply Chain, Operations and Manufacturing.
- You will have opportunities to participate and/or lead in rotational assignments encompassing entire project or a large portion of a major project. This may include resolving advanced materials, process, inspection/testing or procedural approaches to advance a medical device through the pipeline process into full R&D, and potentially into commercialization.
- Support of products’ design development, manufacturing and commercialization, leveraging technical expertise to anticipate and proactively address challenges and risks.
- Increase the productivity of product’s design, improve the quality of projects, improve communications through documentation, and to create a database for manufacturing.
- Engineer capabilities required to develop and deliver automated medical devices - including requisite instruments, advanced imaging, and user interface / experience.
- Pursue a number of internal developmental training programs as well as externally recognized qualifications.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced cross functional, technologically advanced corporate environment in a program focused on developing individual engineers capable of pursuing careers across medical device businesses and high-volume manufacturers.
* The length of the program will be dependent on business and learning needs.
- Undergraduate & Graduate Engineering Degrees ( Graduation dates between 2021-2023)
- The following engineering disciplines or specialties are preferred: Mechanical, Robotics, Electrical, Computer, Systems, Software, Chemistry, Materials Science, Biomedical and Computer Science.
- Up to two years of professional full-time postgraduate work experience (excluding internships, co-ops and military)
- The following concentration fields and/or skills are strongly preferred: Machine Learning, IoT, Embedded Software, Deep Machine Learning, Prototyping, Robot Design, Systems Reliability, Firmware and hardware integration.
- A minimum GPA of 3.3 is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work closely with technical and non-technical personnel and have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity and a dedicated approach to achieving success.
- Validated leadership experience through extra-curricular activities, employment and/or internship experiences is required.
- Ability to relocate anywhere in the United States as required by the program’s rotations – mandatory requirement.
Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Primary Locations: United States:
Massachusetts: Raynham, Boston, Cambridge
Florida: Jacksonville, Miami
Pennsylvania: West Chester, Spring House
Texas: Irving, Houston
New Jersey: Somerville, Skillman, Raritan
California: Irvine, Redwood, Santa Clara, Santa Ana, Los Gatos, Milpitas, San Jose, San Diego
#MedTechEDP #MTEDP #JNJMasters #JNJBachelors #JNJMT #MedTechEngineeringDevelopmentProgram #JNJFullTime
About Johnson & Johnson
We embrace innovation —bringing ideas, products, and services to life to advance the health and well-being of people around the world. We believe in collaboration , and that has led to breakthrough after breakthrough, from medical miracles that have changed lives, to the simple consumer products that make every day a little better. Our over 130,000 employees in 60 countries are united in a common mission: To help people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.