Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
We are currently hiring for an Algorithm Engineering leader who has at least 10 years of experience in digital signal processing algorithm development.
This exciting role will be responsible for leading a team of talented algorithm engineers designing and implementing a new generation of advanced signal processing algorithms used in ABIOMED’s family of Impella heart pumps, so previous experience developing and managing production-level algorithms is critical to success in this role. These new algorithms will play a central role in the pursuit of ABIOMED’s mission of recovering heart sand saving lives. We are looking for a creative self-starter who welcomes ambitious challenges and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. We need someone with superb communication skills who is comfortable presenting information to all levels / audiences, someone who is highly analytical in their approach, and someone who is independent but can thrive as part of a team and is focused on continuous learning to improve the lives of others. Patients First!
- Manage 1 team of ~5-7 engineers, with focus on team development and growth
- Attract, recruit, retain, and develop top engineering talent
- Work directly with product owners and business representatives to understand the user needs and provide business solutions from inception to operation
- Collaborate with software teams to implement algorithms on embedded hardware
- Design robust yet lightweight algorithms to process physiological signals in real-time
- Evaluate algorithm performance in offline (in silico) and live (in vitro, in vivo) environments
- Work with data scientists to create and deploy advanced machine learning algorithms
- Document algorithm design specifications and performance evaluations
- Perform variability analyses and error stack-up simulations to inform algorithm features
- Interpret and align algorithm specifications to industry performance standards
- Communicate algorithm designs and performance results to cross-functional stakeholders
- Core Team and/or Project Team Lead role
- 10+ years of professional experience in time-domain signal processing algorithm development, preferably within medical device industry
- 5+ years in management role
- Demonstrated experience using Python, MATLAB or equivalent to model / analyze large data sets
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ real-time programming
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, or other directly related quantitative discipline
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- Time AND frequency domain signal processing algorithm development
- Experience developing algorithms for medical device application
- PhD with industry experience developing signal processing algorithms preferred
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.