Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. With over $94 billion in 2022 revenue, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, employing over 130,000 people touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen!
Johnson and Johnson is currently recruiting for a VP Service Excellence position, located in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
The Vice President of Service Excellence is responsible for delivering Extraordinary Process Leadership for the Service Excellence and Experience and the functional (HR, Procurement, Finance, Commercial) governed processes through optimizing a wide breadth of levers, including:
Process and Technology Product Management Leadership : strong process and technology product management leadership skills, including experience in leading process improvement initiatives (using lean, six sigma, process mining, etc.), optimizing end-to-end processes, and implementing process governance. This role also leads our Process Intelligence and Process Design & Governance pillar, in addition to Service Level Management and Service Catalog capabilities, by being responsible for the value realization methodology, key enabling technology product platforms, and delivering insights and analytics to the business.
Service Management and Quality Focus: leadership and experience with teams that will design and implement service management frameworks, focusing on areas such as global service catalog, service level agreements, Case Management, IVR, and queue management.
Leadership in delivering Service Excellence transformations : drive cross-functional transformations, bringing to bear people, process, and technology dimensions to enhance operational efficiency and customer experience, with a key result for Service Management Transformation (SMT) over the next 3 years.
Strategic Thinking and Financial Acumen : The candidate should exhibit strategic thinking abilities and have a strong financial acumen to develop business cases, drive value creation, and articulate the financial benefits of service improvement initiatives.
Global People Leadership & Enterprise Stakeholder Management is embedded and valued throughout these critical skills and experiences to deliver high performance, continuous growth, and excellence. This position will lead the strategic and day-to-day functions of a global team of Continuous Improvement, Service Excellence and Service Quality professionals in the Global Services organization.
This leader will actively shape, participate and contribute to the key leadership forums (SBS LT/XLT, GS Operations Board, GS NA Digital Council, Partnership w/ JJT on Capabilities, etc.). They role will provide strategic leadership to Global Process Owners (GPO), Global Experience (GEO), Global Process Leads (GPL) and other stakeholders to govern process design and improvement efforts across the organization, focusing on customer satisfaction, cost reduction and cycle time reduction. Lead will also work cross-functionally with other departments on Enterprise activities to develop strategies to drive initiatives that deliver sustainable and breakthrough improvements to key business processes. This role will lead a team of approximately 41 individuals and 5 direct reports.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Delivering Extraordinary Process Leadership for the Service Excellence and Experience governed process, as well as the functional (HR, Procurement, Finance, Commercial) processes, through optimizing a wide breadth of levers, including process governance, process improvements, automation, location strategy & talent development
- Collaborate with partnering groups to translate their needs/strategies into technology requirements and implement planned technology initiatives that align with service excellence goals. Drive the integration of technology solutions to streamline operations and enhance customer experience.
- Provide strategic leadership in driving service excellence transformations, bringing to bear people, process, and technology to enhance operational efficiency, elevate customer experience, and ensure the highest service quality standards.
- Exhibit strategic thinking and financial acumen to develop robust business cases, drive value creation, and articulate the financial benefits of service improvement initiatives. Make data-driven decisions to optimize processes, reduce costs, and maximize the return on investment.
- Actively shape, participate and contribute to the key leadership forums (SBS LT/XLT, GS Operations Board, GS NA Digital Council, Partnership w/ JJT on Capabilities, etc.)
- Design, implement, and maintain the overall Global Service Management ecosystem playbook, including Global Service Catalogue, Service Level Agreements, Case Management, IVR, Queue Management, etc.
- Responsible for the global Process Reimagination, Business Solution Architecture, Continuous Improvement, Service Delivery, and Service Quality teams; oversees the implementation and steady-state operations of Service Improvement teams for J&J Global Services.
- Leads our Task and Process Mining capabilities by owning the capability strategy, value realization methodology, key enabling technology product platforms, and delivering insights and analytics to the business.
- Lead the Global Process Leaders for Service Excellence function in identifying and prioritizing key opportunity areas for operational, value, and experience improvements.
- Working with Service Delivery, GPO’s, and GPL’s, identify and prioritize continuous improvement opportunities and initiatives globally.
- Accountable for improvement opportunity prioritization of projects and requests for the Service Excellence org. Oversees resource management, capacity planning/modeling, and forecasting across the team.
- Understand, shape, and apply best practices for process and service improvements-based data insights derived from process and task mining, industry trends and external market intelligence to proactively drive incremental and sustainable value to Global Services
- Collaborate and engage with J&J GS leaders to ensure that Process Improvement programs are aligned with functional and shared services strategic initiatives and plans.
- Manage J&J GS leadership, Corporate and peer relationships required to support efficient planning and delivery of services and projects.
- Maintain and update the Service Excellence and Experience Service Taxonomy for which defines scope of work to be provided.
- Oversees implementation of Process Excellence and Improvement strategies and initiatives to enable the function to achieve its objectives.
- Analyze, develop, and implement action plans to implement improvements and drive value to the organization.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders, ensuring service levels are met, facilitating process excellence, and driving business planning for service improvement in collaboration with functional teams.
- Develop a strong pipeline of global and diverse leaders, nurturing talent and fostering a culture of high performance, continuous learning, and Credo-based excellence.
- Provide leadership in GS or enterprise initiatives such as Regional Leadership Council, DEI, Technology or Digital Councils and/or presence in cross-functional roundtables (i.e., Procurement or Contact Center) to further the goals of the position listed above.
- 10-30% domestic and international travel is required.
- BA/BS Degree are required. Master’s level degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 12+ years of Continuous Improvement relevant experience. Ideal candidate brings extensive experience in technology-driven ((example: ERP, ServiceNow, etc.) and digital transformations, and managing large teams and budgets.
- Previous people management experience is required.
- Nationally recognized and certified Lean and/or Six Sigma Black Belt are preferred. Nationally recognized and certified Master Black Belt is preferred.
- Experience with leading technology-driven ((example: ERP, ServiceNow, etc.) and digital transformations, and managing large teams and budgets is required.
- Experience in leading, developing and managing CI programs and teams in a share services organization: preferably HR, Finance or Procurement.
- Consistent track record of driving continuous improvement and ensuring service quality across global service operations.
- Consistent track record of structured problem-solving experience, based on data analysis is required. Focused, structured, and logical approach to problem solving is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects successfully is required.
- Ensures the appropriate methodology design and deployment of Lean events, including Six Sigma DMAIC projects is required.
- Consistent track record of delivery against deadlines and the ability to lead process change is required.
- The ability to learn and apply statistical analysis to complex business problems is required along with the ability to create and maintain a high level of energy and sense of urgency about Lean Six Sigma and continuous improvement.
- Experience setting and executing winning strategy is required along with the demonstrated ability to interact effectively and decisively with business leaders at the Functional Vice President, and Company Group Chair levels, as well as all lower levels in the organization.
- Excellent communication skills: able to network, interface and influence at all levels of the organization, cross sector, cross-functionally and globally is required.
- Strong relationship building skills, able to influence internal and external stakeholders with shared and divergent interests, function or matrix environment is required.
- Proven People Leadership Skills to include leading large organizations through transformational change, attracting, mentoring, and retaining top talent and creating an environment that fosters excellence, collaboration and teamwork is required.
- This position requires a high degree of independent judgment. The incumbent is expected to operate based on general guidance from senior business management regarding priorities and imperatives. Expected to run the organization to deliver against commitments, escalating issues on an exception basis.
For U.S. applicants, in accordance with applicable disclosure requirements, the anticipated base pay range for this position is $188,000 to $345,000 USD. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, long-term incentive, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.