DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, has an opening for an Engineering Co-op, for our Hip Development team based in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic business in the world. We believe our first responsibility is to the patients, doctors and nurses, to parents and all others who use our products and services.
We are looking for a driven Product Development Engineering Co-op to join our diverse DePuy Synthes Hip team. You will work closely with a hardworking and multi-functional group of engineers to design and develop new implants and surgical instruments to advance the state of the art in hip surgery. From feasibility through commercialization you will focus on manufacturability, crafting clear and concise engineering drawings and documentation that can be transferred effectively to production. Put your love for helping others and engineering background to work in this exciting co-op role and help us bring creative designs to life!
Key Responsibilities :
- Work with engineers designing and developing new instruments and implants.
- Create/Complete tolerance analysis
- Create/review test protocols
- Work with multi-functional team members which include (regulatory, operations, quality, leadership)
- Create presentations for development meetings
- Candidates must be actively enrolled in an accredited University for the duration of a co-op assignment pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Minimum GPA of 2.8 is required
- Completion of Undergraduate Freshmen year at an accredited University is required
Experience and Skills:
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills is required
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills are preferred
- Ability to balance multiple projects and initiatives while driving results
- Must be a self-starter works independently while contributing to the team goals
- Proven leadership/participation with campus programs and/or community service activities is desired
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now, or in the future (ex. H1-B, F-1)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .