Johnson & Johnson Med Tech is recruiting for a(n) Senior Analyst, Order to Cash Business Process, located primarily in Raritan, NJ, Raynham, MA or Mooresville IN. Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the Company for US based candidates.
Johnson & Johnson Med Tech Deliver Group is part of Johnson & Johnson’s global Supply Chain organization supporting operations across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Deliver strives to provide an outstanding customer experience through leading critical customer-facing functions such as customer service, distribution, and transportation. In addition, Deliver is responsible for critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. Customer Service and Capabilities is the centralized customer service function for the US Customer Experience team leading sales order management functions on behalf of J & J franchises, within the U.S Medical Device. Are you interested in joining a team that is helping improve patient care, customer care, and driving innovation? Apply today!
As part of the Capabilities team, the Senior Analyst shares ownership of the OTC SAP platform and business process. This role is responsible for supporting and leading efforts to define, deploy, and maintain governance processes for the platform, end user management, while collaborating with a diverse operations focused team.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive metrics package which will enable key decision making across the USROTC platform
- Identify process improvements, root cause and issue trends; Collaborates with peer group of the Reliability & Governance team and USROTC team to improve existing process to ensure compliance, reduce risk to the platform and unlock new improvements
- Support development of the strategic communication framework that outlines when, how and who will inform end users of platform activities and changes
- Support projects to streamline, and conduct root cause analysis across all work areas of the USROTC team to include Error Handling
- Support leadership goal to develop a feedback loop for issues related to process gaps or execution mistakes
- Support the Demand In-take process
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in supply chain analytics, communications, business or a related discipline is required.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Supply Chain or Order to Cash processes
- Able to collaborate with and influence business partners to obtain results
- Proven problem solving and analytical experience
- Business savvy with strong appreciation for standard methodologies and governance
- Contributes to a positive working environment with all stakeholders to meet goals by using influence and handling conflict effectively
- Extraordinary communication skills that fully utilize written, visual, and verbal forms
- Thrive in fast-paced environments, is flexible, collaborative and deadline driven
- Polished presentation, writing and organizational skills
- Builds relationships across stakeholders – internally, externally and spanning global geographies – and ability to work up, down and lateral across the organization
- Advanced degree or certification in either Business, Data Analytics Transportation, and/or Supply Chain
- Requires up to 10% domestic travel
- The anticipated base salary for this position is $76,000.00 to $107,219.00
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.