Johnson & Johnson Innovative Medicine, Preclinical Sciences Translational Safety is recruiting for an Associate Director, Pathobiology Operations located in Spring House, PA, La Jolla, CA, or Beerse, Belgium.
At Janssen, we never stop working toward a future where disease is a thing of the past. We’re the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, and you can count on us to keep working tirelessly to make that future a reality for patients everywhere, by fighting sickness with science, improving access with ingenuity, and healing hopelessness with heart. We focus on areas of medicine where we can make the biggest difference: Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, Neuroscience, Oncology, and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Visit us: www.janssen.com
The Associate Director, Pathobiology Operations is responsible for strategic scientific operations and compliance excellence of the Global Pathobiology team, consisting of Anatomic Pathology, Molecular Pathology, Clinical Pathology, Immunotoxicology and Biobank teams located in La Jolla, CA, Spring House, PA and Beerse, Belgium. The individual ensures scientific resourcing, forecasting and operations bridge for the Global Pathobiology function between scientists in pathology and other nonclinical safety operations. Primary responsibilities are assuring planning and execution delivers against intended strategic projects around CRO interactions, digital pathology and electronic data tracking, data integrity and reporting, compliance, reagent and tissue acquisition and storage, planning and global coordination of staff engagement and development activities.
- Responsible for scientific resourcing, forecasting and operations bridge for the Global Pathobiology function between scientists in Pathobiology and other PSTS functions. Provide strategic planning support for building operational efficiency of the global scientific network in Pathobiology.
- Collaborate with business partners outside PSTS to drive operational excellence in the arena of pathobiology scientific study execution, portfolio management, and data quality in submissions. Assures appropriate supply of qualified vendors to meet portfolio demand.
- Assures seamless communicate with strategic partnerships with CROs and internal partners. Assures delivery on timelines and performance is consistent with quality and compliance to meet all business needs. Develop relationships with new and existing external providers to develop processes to drive success and increasing efficiencies with timeline tracking and results. Assure proactivity and connectivity across functional areas as needed for delivering integrated studies.
- Leads special strategic projects for Pathobiology. Develop and apply tools for portfolio overview, business analytics, innovation, and resource/capacity management, and advise the Global Head of Pathology and Extended Leadership Team on areas of improvement in quality and efficiency.
- Build proficiencies across the team to provide business continuity and sustainability for aspects of data quality and compliance standards for arenas relevant to pathology, GLP compliance, and tissue banking, digital assessments, as examples.
- Ability to represent Pathobiology readiness in regulatory inspections, and to stand in for Global Head of Pathology at internal compliance leadership meetings, advising on issues or future strategies.
- a Bachelors degree in Science is required
Experience and Skills:
- a minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical/biotechnology research nonclinical operations management experience is required
- People leadership is required
- GxP expertise is required
- Experience with data sciences and project tracking visualizations, and experience in driving quality and critical initiatives is required
- Strong communication experience is required
- Strong experience in electronic teamwork tools (e.g. Sharepoint, MSTeams, One Note) is required
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in science or engineering with a dual training in communication or business majors is preferred.
- This position may require work across time zones and travel up to 15%
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $131,000 to $225,400
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees and/or eligible dependents may be eligible to participate in the following Company sponsored employee benefit programs: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, business accident insurance, and group legal insurance.
Employees may be eligible to participate in the Company’s consolidated retirement plan (pension) and savings plan (401(k)).
Employees are eligible for the following time off benefits:
Vacation – up to 120 hours per calendar year
Sick time - up to 40 hours per calendar year; for employees who reside in the State of Washington – up to 56 hours per calendar year
Holiday pay, including Floating Holidays – up to 13 days per calendar year
Work, Personal and Family Time - up to 40 hours per calendar year
Additional information can be found through the link below.
For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to:
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com