Location: Cork, Ireland
Contract: Full Time
Johnson and Johnson, has immediate opening for ER/LR Manager which will be based in Cork, Ireland.
Overall, Purpose of this Job:
As the Manager, Employee & Labor Relations (ER/LR) you will have responsibility to lead delivery of Employee Relations and Labor Relations Services within Ireland. You will be responsible for the effective management of Employee Relations matters including workplace investigations, grievances, discipline and performance management cases. You will provide Labor Relations expert consulting services to BUHR and Businesses and overall, Labor Relations support throughout the collective bargaining process. You will drive proactive initiatives to increase ER/LR awareness with Managers & Employees and will support any organizational change (M&A, Divestitures, etc.) requiring ER or LR involvement.
The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have:
• Ensure timely and compliant handling of all Employee Relations cases including Workplace Investigations, Grievance and Discipline and Performance Management cases. Understand the Key Performance Indicators and operational metrics that are critical to managing service delivery to achieve Service Level Agreements and meet customer service standards.
• Lead the development of Labor Relations Strategy, preparation & negotiation of agreements within agreed parameters with BUHR.
• Manage relevant Labor Relations processes related to significant organizational change such as the planning and execution of Business Restructures, Acquisitions and Divestitures, at country level.
• Act as subject matter expert in relation to country employment and labor practices. Ensure workplace policies are up to date and in compliance with applicable local laws and notify relevant Centre of Excellence and Global Policies team on relevant legal changes. Provide professional guidance to teams within the Country.
• Develop organizational capability, knowledge, skills and understanding of the country ER/LR topics by developing and delivering frequent functional/ operational training and knowledge sharing activities.
• Analyze ER/LR data to identify and implement interventions to continuously improve employee experience and customer satisfaction and to enhance provision of ER/LR service.
We’d love to hear from YOU, if you have:
• A qualification/diploma/degree in HR, Business, Employment and/or Labor Law or similar.
• Significant HR experience with a concentration in Employee Relations and Labor Relations,
• Strong experience in Labour Relations, including setting Labour Relations strategy and managing positive trade union relationships, partnership working, collective consultation, pay bargaining and dispute resolution.
• A proven track record of managing end to end business change activity, ideally including Business Restructures, Acquisitions and Divestitures from business case to completion in a unionized and non-unionized environment.
• Significant experience of successful Employee Relations practice and expert knowledge of Irish employment and labor law. A track record including conducting complex Workplace Investigations, Grievance and Discipline and Performance Management cases, coaching, and advising management up to and including senior board level.
• Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, matrix-based, and virtual environment.
• Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
• Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence effectively.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in Ireland are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
This is what awaits YOU at J&J:
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Many opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Possibilities for further personal as well as professional development.
- Many employee benefits.