Principal Medical Writing Scientist
We are recruiting for a Principal Medical Writing Scientist to join the Medical Writing team to support our Medical Affairs portfolio across therapeutic areas. The position may be located in the United Kingdom or The United States of America [will consider other locations but these are the preferred locations]. Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis, if approved by the company.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating diseases of our time. Janssen Research & Development discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, pulmonary hypertension, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Are you ready to join our team? Then please read further!
- Prepare and finalize clinical documents such as, but not limited to, study protocols/amendments, clinical study reports, clinical summary documents, regulatory responses, and briefing documents.
- Lead cross-functional document planning and review meetings. Interact with peer and external writers, as well as colleagues from other departments. Lead program-level or submission writing teams with supervision. Able to lead process working groups.
- Coach or mentor more junior writers on document planning, processes, content, and provide peer review as needed.
- Responsible for establishing document timelines and strategies per internal processes, with mentorship from functional management and the clinical team, as needed.
- If a lead writer for a program: Be the primary point of contact and champion for medical writing activities. Responsible for planning, setting strategy, and leading writing activities for the assigned program.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of the industry, company, and regulatory guidelines.
Qualifications & Education:
University/college degree required. Masters or PhD preferred.
Experience and Skills:
We would value a colleague with these qualities:
- At least 6 years of relevant pharmaceutical/scientific experience, with at least 4 years of relevant medical writing experience. Experience in real-world evidence would be advantageous but not crucial.
- Ability to recognize how to best interpret, summarize, and present statistical and medical information, to ensure quality and accuracy of content in complex document types under general supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills, both in time management and in project/process management. Able to resolve complex problems under supervision.
- Demonstrate learning agility.
- Able to build solid and positive relationships with cross‐functional team members.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For United States Applicants:
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $102,000 to $163,300.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees and/or eligible dependents may be eligible to participate in the following Company sponsored employee benefit programs: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, business accident insurance, and group legal insurance.
Employees may be eligible to participate in the Company’s consolidated retirement plan (pension) and savings plan (401(k)).
Employees are eligible for the following time off benefits:
- Vacation - up to 120 hours per calendar year
- Sick time - up to 40 hours per calendar year; for employees who reside in the State of Washington - up to 56 hours per calendar year
- Holiday pay, including Floating Holidays - up to 13 days per calendar year
- Work, Personal and Family Time - up to 40 hours per calendar year
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
- The compensation and benefits information set forth in this posting applies to candidates hired in the United States. Candidates hired outside the United States will be eligible for compensation and benefits in accordance with their local market.