Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a R&D Senior Electrical Engineer , located Santa Clara, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions (RAD) is part of Johnson & Johnson - Ethicon, Inc.; a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives.
The Hardware Team in the RAD group is a diverse group of highly motivated engineers who are passionate about designing and developing the next generation, cutting edge, state of the art, robotic platforms. We want you to come join our team and be part of the success of our mission.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is passionate about crafting sophisticated solutions for advanced, complex robotic systems.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer (Sr. EE), you will join a team of engineers working to develop and validate next generation robotic platforms used within the medical device space. You will be responsible for developing and implementing electrical designs throughout the system and integrating these designs into the system architecture.
This position places an emphasis on working closely with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop complex hardware designs. Candidates must be self motivated, independent and have an eagerness to learn and work as a team, and a desire to thrive in a very fast paced environment.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Develop, design, and test simple to complex and reliable printed circuit boards (PCA) for various robotic tasks.
- Own full lifecycle designs of PCAs including design, technical reviews, prototyping, detailed test, design documentation, and release.
- Work closely with multi-functional teammates to develop robust architectures and electrical functionality driven by test and simulation analysis.
- Perform component and subsystem level testing to ensure conformance to design. Testing may include EMI and ESD analysis, test fixturing, and thermal analysis, in addition to other specialties for specific projects.
- Participate in design reviews, fault safety analysis, and design failure mode analysis across the broader team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with 5 years or Master’s Degree with 3+ years in a related field
- Demonstrated proficiencies in Altium Designer or related CAD tool
- Proven experience designing and developing complex analog and digital electrical systems from feasibility through to production.
- Familiarity with microcontroller and FPGA programming. Expertise not required.
- Demonstrated ability to debug and test using high speed oscilloscopes and other test tools.
- Experience with complex electro-mechanical systems.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Experience in C to develop embedded test software to facilitate board bringup, test, and debug of newly created PCAs
- Designing electronics in safety-critical applications
- Design for electromagnetic compatibility and immunity, electrically fast transients, electrostatic discharge, etc.
- Design for test, manufacture, assembly
- Experience in Medical Devices, 21 CFR Part 820, IEC60601-1, etc.
- Flexible Vacation
- Culture of Respect, Innovation & Inclusion
- 401k, pension, medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- J&J MyStore, BenefitHub discounts, discounts on insurance, and more!
Business hours are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Do you want to be part of a diverse team delivering innovative products to market? Apply today!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.