Inclusive Marketing & Media Capability Director, J&J Media Excellence – Johnson & Johnson, HCS Inc.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for an Inclusive Marketing and Media Capability Director, located in Titusville, NJ or Horsham, PA.
As part of the new Johnson & Johnson Media Excellence team, the Culturally Inclusive & Relevant (CIR) Marketing and Media Capability Director will be responsible for developing and leading a commercial capability program to accelerate Janssen capability and industry leadership in the areas of culturally inclusive and relevant marketing and digital paid media strategy and execution.
Reporting to the J&J Head of Media Excellence, this leader will work directly with a host of internal and external subject matter experts to understand current organizational capability and industry trends in the CIR and digital media space and will create and execute a roadmap to accelerate J&J performance and leadership. Being responsible for developing innovative approaches and leading organizational change principles, this forward-thinking individual will lead and embed models, frameworks, and pilots that step change how we go-to-market, differentiate our brands, build our talent, and create positive impact on society.
The ideal candidate has strong knowledge of inclusive marketing strategy, the evolving digital media ecosystem, and integrated communications campaigns development and execution.
- Training & Development : Advance and embed an inclusive digital media capability within the Janssen North America commercial organization. Partner with local marketing teams and external agencies and media partners to develop and manage a prioritized CIR and paid media training program roadmap, outlining action steps and timeline to deploy all training programs. Work with respective internal and external subject matter experts to shape effective training curriculums, capturing information needed to develop easily digestible material, to develop methods to measure effectiveness of trained knowledge retention, and to embed training frameworks and principles into existing business processes (e.g. existing business planning processes and broad marketing capability frameworks).
- Digital Paid Media Capability : Increase the effectiveness of our Power Partnerships (e.g. Google, Meta, etc.) by leading training on the development and implementation of digital marketing principles and best practices, ensuring teams are maximizing both new and established opportunities in these channels with a focus on maximizing ROI. Help build and expand on foundational understanding of platform best practices across key media channels (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Amazon, etc.).
- Culturally Inclusive & Relevant (CIR) Marketing Capability : Advance the development and scaling of CIR insights, strategic capability, and measurement/impact – inclusive of paid Media. Work with respective internal and external partners to develop and embed broad CIR focused training and tools, and drive adoption and leverage of CIR metrics dashboards to drive organizational accountability for CIR efforts. Lead all with the support of a cross functional steering committee of CIR champions from across the business.
- Scaling of Best Practice : Socialize organization-wide success stories to drive proof of concept and engagement from our marketers, including sharing best practices and identifying opportunities to scale inclusive, digital and media learning opportunities across all divisions of the J&J enterprise.
- Brand Building : Drive the education, evangelization, and adoption of the capabilities that will enable our marketers to become best-in-class inclusive and digital-first leaders in paid media. To do so, you will demonstrate your dedication to the discipline of paid media and our robust goals to drive more culturally inclusive and relevant marketing principles across our commercial strategies and execution.
- A Bachelor's degree is required. An MBA or equivalent degree is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum 10 years of professional business experience is required, including experience at a media planning or buying agency, a media publisher, or as a marketer who has experience in Healthcare and/or Consumer digital media.
- Pharmaceutical / Healthcare experience and working knowledge of regulatory environment and what challenges that environment poses to innovating in the media space is preferred.
- Experience in the execution of paid media channels, such as search, streaming and linear TV, audio, social media, banners, and EHR is required.
- Continuous curiosity and passion to learn about digital transformation and the latest digital trends and lead with an entrepreneurial mindset. Strong learning agility.
- Experience in inclusive marketing and/or diversity, equity & inclusion marketing, media and/or partnerships is required.
- Strong return on investment focused business acumen and process optimization mentality, strong analytical and change management skills to provide solid business and process-focused conclusions and recommendations.
- Committed self-starter and accountable individual, who takes initiative in implementing goals, meeting deadlines, making decisions, recommending improvements, and holding self and team members accountable to deliver goals and objectives.
- Ability to establish effective relationships, motivate and inspire department and project team members, lead in ambiguous environments, and influence across teams without direct accountability is essential.
- Experience managing and coaching teams, through both direct and indirect reporting lines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel up to 10% domestically is required, including regular meetings in NYC with media agencies and key third-party partners.
The anticipated base salary range for the position is $137,000 to 236,000.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.