Johnson & Johnson MedTech is recruiting for a Regional Sales Team Lead - Joints & Trauma , located in Durban, Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa .
The RSTL is responsible for handling and leading sales teams in allocated Regions or Territories. The role is responsible for enhancing sales and market share through coaching and driving the sales team to achieve sales targets with strong application of sales excellence drivers.
- Lead and coach a team of sales professionals and technical assistants in the DPS Platform to deliver on yearly assigned business plan and sales force target for the assigned territory.
- Achieve dominant market share positions and be the preferred supplier in the market segments that we serve. Contribute to the sales and business planning process.
- Lead customer segmentation initiatives in the Region. Ensure effective execution customer targeting with reference to marketing reach and frequency plan.
- Identify effective and ineffective sales behavior within the franchise team to ensure adherence to ethical business practices.
- Lead customer and product profitability initiatives in the region.
- Conduct routine field visits to understand customer needs and market dynamics to share during business meetings.
- Build strong business partnership towards our product portfolio with KOL’s and Healthcare Professionals (HCP) as well as develop new product advocates
- Optimize effectiveness and efficiency of sales team using various tools such as One Force Analytics, relevant booking systems
- Regularly analyze team performance against metrics, identify improvement areas to drive corrective actions and provide coaching to improve performance
- Daily completion of company’s sales activity tool
- Collect market related info where possible to drive better product promotion and sales and marketing strategies
- Oversee and support the management of consignment inventory aligned to return on investment (ROI)
- Ensure optimal product knowledge to advise customers and detail products appropriately
- Lead the team to run regular workshops, clinical discussions, and product promotions in defined territory, utilizing all company supported promotional assets
- Collaborate effectively with Marketing and the wider cross functional teams (Commercial Excellence, Commercial Education, Quality and Supply Chain) in planning, organizing, and implementing marketing strategies and events as well as driving New Product Introductions (NPI’s) with strong launch excellence that are consistent with franchise business plans with all internal stakeholders to improve selling and planning skills
- Maintain all equipment / company assets / records in good working order and ensure accurate record keeping of same e.g., laptop, iPad, cell phone, equipment, demo items, CAPEX etc.
- Create and foster a good team spirit strive to ensure a high level of input at sales meetings and actively participate in company related functions
- Willingness to travel when needed to other regions
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the organization through maintaining an inclusive team culture
- Maintain and continuously enhance a sustainable compliance program (i.e., HCC/HCBI/Anti- Corruption/Privacy/HR-/Work instruction- & Quality policies, SAFE FLEET program)
- Day to day J&J credo-based business approach and interactions with all off internal and external customers. Making compliant and ethical interactions main priority for everyday decision making.
- Relevant Tertiary Degree / Diploma
Experience and Skills:
- Ideally 5-8 years’ sales experience including a team leadership role within medical device sector
- Previous experience in Orthopedic environment would be a significant advantage
- Working knowledge of the private/government sector for medical devices
- Working knowledge of Theatre protocol pre-requisite
- Effective communication with experience in presenting complex marketing, clinical and non-clinical issues to Senior management and collaborators
- Proficiency in English
- Travel percentage – 50%
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in South Africa are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
When appointing potential candidates in South Africa, the Employment Equity and Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Legislation will be considered.