Position: Process Excellence Engineer (Senior)
Reporting to: Process Excellence Lead
Location: Limerick (onsite)
Contract: Full Time/Permanent
Watch: A Career with J&J Vision Ireland:
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of contact lenses. In our pioneering Limerick facility, we manufacture the Acuvue range of contact lenses, with a workforce of approx. 1,600 people. Due to continued and sustained growth of our business, we are now recruiting to support this growth!
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in Ireland are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”
The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have:
The Senior Process Excellence Engineer is responsible for implementing key business improvement initiatives for manufacturing lines within a larger site or for a small site (scope covers 200 associates or less). They define opportunities, analyze data, design manufacturing line flows, and improves business processes.
Improvement initiatives are led by enlisting and influencing cross-functional teams that deliver tangible business results through the application of Lean and Six Sigma principles, methodologies and tools. Utilizing business, leadership and technical skills, the Process Excellence Engineer will both execute projects and mentor groups (associate to management) at the site, developing a continuous improvement culture. Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives.
- Responsible for developing a strategy and executing a plan to deliver process performance improvements related to Quality, Delivery, and Cost of a manufacturing line or business unit within a plant.
- Leverages process knowledge in order to manage project portfolio activities that include identification, prioritization, resource allocation, performance measurement, and change management plans.
- Responsible for driving associates’ engagement and for developing Lean and Six Sigma capabilities through coaching and mentoring at various levels (associate to professionals) within the site.
- Actively contributes to create an organisational culture of Process Excellence on site.
- Acts as a Change Leader, working with process owners and stakeholders to implement strategic process improvements.
- Leverage digital systems and data analytics to promote optimisation and improvement opportunities.
- Sustains business improvement results through the application of Lean, Six Sigma, ME2, JJPS (Johnson & Johnson Production System) and other continuous improvement methodologies.
- Lead and direct Root Cause Analysis of significant downtime events; implement permanent corrective actions to mitigate probability of re-occurrence
- Facilitates PEx trainings, certifications, business case definitions, and results presentations; as required.
- Follows and observes all regulatory requirements (GMP’s, ISO, FDA, internal policies) applicable to area of responsibility.
- Complies with J&J safety requirements and safe working conditions and practices in the department.
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have the following requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Completed or working towards Green Belt, Black Belt, and/or Lean/Six Sigma certification/ability to show use of lean principles/initiatives
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a regulated environment
- Prior experience relating to the implementation of lean initiatives
- Strong technical skills related to process improvements and metric tracking
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work with and influence area leadership and executive management.
- Leadership skills
- Training delivery, facilitating, coaching skills are essential
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Minitab / JMP
- Project Management experience
- Understanding of accounting and finance terms, trend analysis, and business case analysis
- Familiarity with FDA, GMP and ISO requirements
This is what awaits YOU at J&J:
This is an opportunity to work with a groundbreaking medical device operation and to be a member of a Johnson & Johnson company, with an excellent record in employee continuous professional development and business improvement.
We are passionate about our work; we play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers.
Whether you’re one of the 1000 people who work here, or you’re considering joining the team, we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Possibilities for further personal and professional development/education
- Excellent Benefits