Solution Preparation Operator Job Description
Location: Vision Care Limerick
Contract: Full Time/Permanent/Shift based Role
Shift Pattern: 4-cycle shift
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in Limerick are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
About the Company:
Vision Care Ireland is located in Castletroy, Limerick and is the producer of the world’s leading contact lens products. Our site uses the industry’s most advanced technology and directly employs over 1000 people. We produce a diverse array of contact lenses using our highly automated production process.
Key to our success has been the combination of state-of-the-art material science with technologies such as precision injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and data analytics.
We have over 38 advanced production lines manufacturing over 8 million contact lenses a day, which are shipped to customers worldwide.
The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have:
We at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (based in Limerick), are currently recruiting a Solution preparation Operator to Support Our Growing, Fully Automated Manufacturing Facility. The successful candidate will report to the Water Room team lead.
Responsibilities and accountabilities will vary for all positions and the scope of individual roles may not be limited to the contents of this position description. EDMS procedures will define responsibilities from time to time and each manager is responsible for following and complying with these processes, which supplant any responsibility outlined within. As such, adherence to company procedures is also a responsibility of any roles encompassed within this Job Description.
You will be responsible for:
• Manufactures packing solution and processing aids adhering to all quality and compliance procedures
• Supports 24/7 manufacturing operations with approved formulation’s/ packing solution
• Supports internal and external audits in this area.
• Takes water sample testing and recording of critical values
• Maintains a Credo & Behavioral Standards based culture within the group
• Complete preventative maintenance on the equipment in accordance with the Quality management system
• Implementation of safety/environmental requirements during the operation and maintenance of water room systems and utilities
• Assists with the effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s, CAIAs, etc.) on formulations areas
• Actively participates in cross-functional teams to provide formulations support on New Product Introduction/Research and Development projects
• Identify and implement cost and technical improvements under the departments’ continuous improvement program
• All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform
• Carries out duties of Water Room Technician if required
We would love to hear from YOU if you have the following essential requirements:
• Technical or Trade level qualification
• 1-3 Years’ experience in working in high volume manufacturing industry
• Previous experience in the operation and maintenance of equipment in a high-volume manufacturing environment
• Familiar with Formulations equipment/process
• Equipment Set up
• A good track record on quality issues
• Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills
• PC Skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• A detailed methodical approach to work
• Ability to work in a team environment while meeting daily targets
• Ability and willingness to learn
• Flexible work ethic and the Ability to work on own initiative
What type of mark will YOU make?
By joining Johnson & Johnson you will find boundless opportunities to craft your path & amplify your impact inside & outside our walls. And with our commitment to be the world’s healthiest workforce you can strengthen your body as well and your mind. When you work with us you can touch over a Billion lives worldwide every day. And when you apply your talent to our collective purpose there’s no end to the lasting impact we can make together. And that changes everything.
What’s in it for YOU?
This is an opportunity to work with a ground-breaking medical device operation and to be a member of a Johnson & Johnson company, with an excellent record in employee continuous professional development and business improvement.
We are passionate about our work; we play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers.
Whether you’re one of the 1000 people who work here, or you’re considering joining the team, we offer:
• An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
• A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
• Opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
• Possibilities for further personal and professional development/education
• Excellent Benefits