The JSC E2E SC Leader for Japan is accountable for Janssen end-to-end supply chain performance for the Japan market.
This role represents supply chain in the Janssen Japan Business Leadership team and orchestrates across the various functions, including sourcing, manufacturing, deliver, quality, regulatory affairs, R&D, business technology, finance and HR to deliver on Janssen supply chain strategy and plan in Japan. This role will be operating with a globally/regionally aligned operating model, collaborating with relevant global/regional SC functions.
This position reports directly into the Janssen Supply Chain Vice President for the APAC region and serves as a member of the Janssen Supply Chain APAC Leadership Team. The role is a member of Japan Janssen management board representing end-to-end Supply Chain.
- Develop and execute a fully integrated Japan Janssen end-to-end supply chain strategy supporting Japan business growth through partnership with commercial and R&D and alignment to the regional and global supply chain strategies. Influence Japan commercial strategy, and ensure the strategy is translated into the appropriate supply chain response.
- Be accountable for the end-to-end demand and supply planning activities within the integrated business planning (IBP) process, new product launches, customer management and any other supply chain improvement and transformation projects
- Own and orchestrate Japan end-to-end supply chain performance for Japan market by leading across functions, ensuring annual targets are set and achieved.
- Act as Supply Chain’s single point of contact to commercial organization in Japan, represent end-to-end supply chain in the Japan Janssen Business Leadership team.
- Develop and deploy governance and robust planning processes to facilitate cross-functionally aligned decision making for demand, supply, portfolio, project portfolio and financial plans.
- Optimize and streamline structure and processes to plan & align across functions and through the value chain to deliver customer-centric solutions
- Drive Supply Chain innovation and initiatives to support Japan growth objectives and optimize supply chain effectiveness, with an eye towards prototyping broader J&J Supply Chain solutions and in collaboration with regional supply chain functions.
- Key member of the Janssen Supply Chain APAC Leadership Team to shape and deliver on regional strategies
- Act as the customer champion and bring customer-specific and external perspectives into regional supply chain to explore opportunities for continuous improvement. Champion customer needs with other functional areas to satisfy customer requirements.
- Build and develop a best-in-class supply chain team. Leads and drive the talent agenda to strengthen the pipeline and critical capabilities.
- Evolve the organization culture to catalyze end to end mindset, innovation and diversity & inclusion.
- Promote innovative thinking to challenge the status quo, embed agile methodology and customer centricity in the organization
- End to end supply chain experience or multiple supply chain function exposure. Experience working in a highly matrixed, global organization is critical for success.
- Well-developed understanding of integrated end-to-end Supply Chain, including upstream & downstream interdependencies, trade-offs and opportunities
- International experience is desirable
- Experience in healthcare / pharmaceutical industry is desirable.
- Proven success in articulating a vision, engaging and mobilizing stakeholders and employees around that vision, and delivering superior value
- Strong business acumen. Delivering ‘best in class’ business results through innovative customer focused solutions
- Strategic thinking ability and big picture orientation with ability to represent broader supply chain thinking balanced with attention to detail
- High tolerance for ambiguity in a complex environment. Makes the complex clear and easily understood by others
- Making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward to achieve key objectives by balancing trade-offs
- Demonstrating leadership courage and step up to address tough challenges
- Building interdependent partnerships to optimize value proposition with limited authority
- Demonstrated skill in influencing and collaboration within and across organizations, globally and at all organizational levels
- Leading and developing high performing cross functional teams. Attracting and developing superior talent. Leading people through organizational uncertainty or key change initiative
- Fluent English required (Fluency in Japanese desirable)