Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director of Marketing (DOM), Mood based in Titusville, NJ at least 3 days a week and can work remotely up to 2 days a week as per J&J flexible work policy. This is the most senior level marketing leader for this disease state and considered to be the US P&L leader for the portfolio of products serving the Mood market.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is the pharmaceutical arm of Johnson and Johnson, the biggest and more diversified healthcare company in the world. Janssen provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular/Metabolic, Neuroscience, Immunology, Infectious Diseases, Vaccines Oncology, and Rare Diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Janssen Neuroscience organization comprises of three disease areas, Mood, Mood disorders and Multiple Sclerosis.
This Mood DOM will join and lead a highly capable team composed of dedicated and passionate commercial professionals at a critical time for the disease area and franchise life cycle. The leader and his/her team will accelerate the growth and impact one of the critical growth franchises for all of Janssen Pharmaceuticals by developing and delivering the U.S. Mood commercial strategy, directing all marketing activities including development, planning, and execution of the tactics to support marketplace growth and improvements in transforming patient care.
The leader sits on the Janssen Neuroscience Board, with accountability to the Vice President of Neuroscience Marketing, and provides transformational Mood leadership to key annual business planning events including presenting our strategies to Janssen senior management boards and forums.
The Mood DOM will foster a strong and engaging culture of performance, recruit and develop top talent and foster partnerships across multiple functions of the business including Sales, Sales Training, Commercial Excellence, Finance, Strategic Customer Group, Medical Affairs, HECOR, Global Commercial Strategy, Research & Development, New Business Development, Corporate Communications, and outside agencies and vendors to effectively execute key commercial activities.
Core role responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit, develop and enable top marketing talent and foster a championship team culture
- Serve as the US Mood P&L lead responsible for top and bottom-line demand, revenue, and brand marketing expenditure
- Develop an integrated commercial plan for the Mood portfolio (includes in-line and launch products) with the goal of delivering annual double-digit growth for the next 4+ years
- Establish annual Marketing Plans for entire Mood portfolio and executing promotional tactics with a focus on innovation, for all stakeholders within the Mood ecosystem
- Develop and execute market access strategies and tactics for the franchise
- Driving market research with Commercial Excellence partners and analytics to gain insights, prioritize resources and plan product tactics, bringing the voice of customer to all that we do
- Oversee and support implementation of promotional activities with sales leadership
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting monthly performance of Mood franchise, recommending corrections as needed
- Collaborating with New Business Development, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Market Research, and Strategic Customer Group organizations in daily business and long-term strategic planning
- Interacting effectively and supporting franchise new product development project teams; Continually assessing competitive landscape and responding accordingly
- Working compliantly and within HCC and regulatory guidelines to achieve business goals
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required; Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years healthcare business experience (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Payer/Access experience, Analytics, International experience, National Business Director or other transferable experiences) of which 4+ years demonstrated in line marketing experience and proven performance is required.
- Demonstrated experience in critical marketing competencies is required.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of strong leadership capabilities with ability to work effectively in a matrix and unstructured environment.
- People management experience is required.
- Product Launch experience is preferred.
- Previous Phcarma Sales or Sales Management experience is preferred.
- Global Marketing/ Early Commercial Development experience is preferred.
This position is in Titusville, NJ at least 3 days a week and can work remotely 2 days a week as per J&J flex work policy. The role may require up to 25% travel predominantly US with limited outside US travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.