Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Maintenance Technician-System.
Starting $37.39 plus shift differential after training $39.05 plus shift differential
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. is one of the world's largest consumer health and personal care products company. Our consumer companies produce many of the world's most trusted brands, among them JOHNSON'S® Baby, BAND-AID®, NEUTROGENA®, TYLENOL®, MOTRIN®, and LISTERINE®. Each one of our consumer businesses embraces innovative science to create products that anticipate consumer needs and create experiences that help them live healthy, vibrant lives.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over the Counter (OTC) products.
Responsible for work related to repair, maintenance, troubleshooting, and efficiency improvement associated with electrical and instrumental devices and systems. This work may also include equipment process improvement, design, and installation activities, as well as programming associated with control systems. Adhere to requirements for Good Manufacturing Practice as specified by the Food and Drug Administration as related to the job of Systems Technician.
The following functions and qualifications of the position are comprehensive and can be divided into three broad categories. The first and second categories, “Automation” and “Electrical” are broad professional skillsets. Applicants will not necessarily need to have experience in every facet but will be evaluated on strengths in either or both categories. The third category is “General Requirements” and is required of all applicants.
The essential functions to this position include but are not limited to:
- Automated packaging and manufacturing line support.
- Provides maintenance and troubleshooting support for PLC based packaging and manufacturing platforms including, but not limited to PLCs, HMIs, industrial networking systems.
- Demonstrated experience programming/troubleshooting structured software methodologies.
- Adherence to cGMP and FDA standards for automation change control policies and regulations.
- Responsible for work related to repair, maintenance, troubleshooting, and efficiency improvement associated with electrical and instrumental devices and systems.
- Preventive and corrective maintenance on drives, motors, power supplies, etc. to include replacement/install.
- Routine configuration and calibration of industrial instrumentation and sensors.
- Maintain clean and orderly workstations.
- Order and maintain spare parts for assigned equipment responsibilities.
- Assist in equipment operation as necessary or helpful to improve task performance or productivity.
- Perform other duties as directed which are related to the job. However, if work is unavailable in the colleague’s classification, hey may be given other work assignments.
- Assist in new line installations.
- Equipment and process improvements.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in an industrial automation setting or one-year certificate/apprenticeship from college, technical, trade, and/or military school in a related trade area is required.
- Good communication skills are required.
- A requirement will be to pass a written technical test. Specialized skills in one facet of job functions will not qualify a person for this position.
- A requirement will be the ability to: Working in temperature regulated areas, climbing over, into and under machinery for repairs and maintenance, working inside mixing tanks at heights of 15 – 20 feet, bending, stooping, and lifting of weights up to 50 pounds.
- Experience in manufacturing/packaging/processing field is preferred.
- Working knowledge of frequency drives, servo drive controls and other Allen Bradley and Siemens control systems is preferred.
- Packaging and manufacturing line support to include instrumentation, vision systems and motors is preferred
- An understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems is preferred.
Availability to work one of these shifts on a regular basis is Required: 2nd shift (3:00pm – 11:05pm) Mon – Fri, 3rd shift (11:00pm – 7:05am) Mon – Fri, 4th shift (6:00am – 6:00pm) Fri, Sat & Sunday, or 5th shift (6:00pm – 6:00am) Fri, Sat & Sunday.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, long-term incentive, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.