Janssen R&D, a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, LNP Delivery, RNA & Targeted Therapeutics within Therapeutics Discovery. This position is based in Brisbane, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to build a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease encourages us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
RNA and Targeted Therapeutics is an organization within Therapeutics Discovery, committed to the delivery of high-quality drug candidates in the novel synthetic modalities space working closely with all six Janssen Therapeutic Areas (TA) discovery teams.
Our mission requires strategic thinking, portfolio mindset and deep scientific expertise in several disciplines including oligonucleotide chemistry, bioconjugation chemistry, nanotechnology, cellular and molecular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as a Senior Scientist, LNP Delivery, RNA & Targeted Therapeutics. This role offers tremendous growth opportunity within a dynamic and science-driven organization.
- As a dynamic project leader, drive the discovery of novel lipid nanoparticle (LNP) based delivery technology and platform to support RNA-based therapeutics and vaccine, working in concert with partners in molecular and cellular biology, pharmacology, computational chemistry, ADME, structural biology, chemical development, and other key functions.
- Lead developing and implementing strategies to address RNA delivery challenges through LNP formulation and process optimization for in vivo delivery of mRNA, siRNA, gene therapy, and other therapeutic modalities.
- Design and execute the experiments to identify best-in-class LNP formulations to drive rapid advancement of RNA-LNP candidate selection.
- Participate in portfolio and stage-gate reviews, lead the preparation and presentation of dossiers for clinical candidate nomination and compound advancement
- Supervise and manage CRO and CMOs for external collaboration and outsourced work as needed.
- Maintaining a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting
- Contributing to defining scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting.
- Presenting data and reports on project status at individual, group, and departmental meetings.
- Drafting, executing and serving as lead author on research published in peer reviewed journals, and presenting work at scientific conferences
- May directly or indirectly lead research associates within a collaborative environment and be responsible for technical training and professional development.
- PhD degree in a synthetic organic, medicinal chemistry, chemical engineer or related scientific field is required.
- Postdoctoral experience with an emphasis on nucleic acid chemistry and nanoparticle-based delivery is preferred
- A minimum of 3 or more years’ in the biopharmaceutical or biotechnology proven experience with oligonucleotide delivery and/or LNP technologies, especially in LNP delivery of mRNA as vaccine/therapeutics, is strongly preferred.
- Strong track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed first-author publications, patent applications, and/or presentations at major national meetings is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
- Record of maintaining a strong lab presence directly is required
- This position is located in Brisbane, CA, and may require up to 10% travel
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.