Janssen Scientific Affairs, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Real World Value and Evidence – Oncology (Solid Tumor), located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
In the current environment of US healthcare with a prominent focus placed on efficiency and affordability, ensuring patient access to innovative treatments is of foremost importance but increasingly challenging. In this environment, the Real World Value & Evidence (RWV&E) organization must ensure robust payer insights, unrivaled value evidence, be payer-centric, conduct timely real world data analytics, and develop flawless and impactful communication regarding the value of Janssen’s innovations for payers and the society.
In this position, the In-house Associate Director, RWV&E, is responsible for conducting RWV&E evidence generation and dissemination activities for pipeline and marketed products or indications, within Janssen Oncology Franchise. This individual will contribute to market access scientific strategies and payer value propositions, and work in close collaboration with the respective cross-functional teams to support market access for our products.
- Collaborate with internal and external experts to generate rigorous scientific data, and contribute to development of dissemination plans, as aligned with the Integrated Evidence Team (IET), to support the RWV&E strategic plans for the assigned therapeutic areas
- Manage research studies, market access analytics & activities and other related projects, as aligned with the IET and for other business needs
- Ensure quality of design, execution, and publication of real-world evidence studies, and quality of models & tools developed for business partners
- Represent RWV&E on cross-functional teams with business partners, such as Real-World Analytics and Alliances, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Strategic Customer Group, Global Commercial Strategy Organization, Commercial Excellence, Epidemiology, Government Affairs and Policy, New Business Development and other J&J Operating Companies, as needed
- Develop a deep understanding of US payer needs and integrate such insights, in partnership with RWV&E Field and other business partners, into payer communication materials
- Champion the approvals of new presentation materials and handling of administrative responsibilities, as needed
- Contribute to execution of RWV&E and market access activities such as shaping of payer communication materials to support market access scientific strategies and payer value propositions. Ensures compliance with regulatory, legal and commercial regulations (for example Contract Pricing Committee, Copy Approval Committee) in conducting research and dissemination of scientific information
- A master’s degree in health economics, statistics, health policy, pharmacy or related field is required. A doctorate (PharmD or PhD) is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 or more years of experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry, preferably in health economics, market access or related functions.
- Experience conducting research and publishing in the area of oncology (bladder cancer experience) is preferred
- Experience in executing projects with highly technical data and communication of results internally and externally to technical and non-technical audiences is required
- Knowledge of US healthcare delivery and reimbursement and payor dynamics is desirable
- Experience in working in a matrix team environment is required
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality deliverables on time and within budget is preferred
- Fluent in spoken and written English is preferred
- This position is located in Horsham, PA and will require ~10% for mostly domestic travel.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
#HEORHEOR, RWE, RWV, RWVE