At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Johnson & Johnson, Robotics and Digital Solutions (RAD) group is recruiting for an Electrical Test Engineer for an Intern/Coop position located in Santa Clara, CA. We at Johnson & Johnson are redefining medical intervention by combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science. We are building a platform technology capable of rapidly growing the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is a self-starter and is passionate about pursuing a hardware test development career in robotic systems with emphasis on PCBA testing. As an Electrical Test Engineering Intern/Coop, you will be developing electrical functional tests to help develop, debug, and tackle prototype designs and systems. You’ll be contributing to a world class robotic system while learning hands on skills valuable in your future career. You’ll have the opportunity to learn about and develop tests for printed circuit board assemblies involving motor control, power electronics, mixed analog and digital design, sensor integration, and manufacturing. Candidates must be self-motivated, independent and have an eagerness to learn and work as a team, and a desire to thrive in a very fast paced environment! Duration of internships are approximately 3 months and 6-9 months for co-ops.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with board designers to develop test requirements with formal documentation
- Perform DFT and feedback those results to designer to ensure boards can meet test requirements
- Architecture test systems: select appropriate fixture vendor for mechanical builds, and design the appropriate electronics necessary to meet test requirements
- Write the software necessary to control and automate the test system
- Write the software necessary to perform PCBA test per test requirements
- Integrate, checkout, and validate test systems for sell-off to manufacturing teams
- Produce all necessary technical documentations such as wiring diagrams and assembly drawings for those test systems to be released into PLM system
- Help drive communication for external test houses used during testing
- Develop and maintain vendor relationship and continuously improve vendor processes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education & Experience:
- Basic understanding and experience with oscilloscopes, DC power supplies, and multimeters.
- Fundamental knowledge of electrical engineering and circuit design theory
- Ability to analyze problems and derive thoughtful solutions by working with your team members
- Basic knowledge of Altium Designer
- Basic coding with Python
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Prior Electrical System Design is a plus
- Experience with basic scripting in Python
- Experience with test equipment interfaces and automation such as SCPI
- It is recommended that you have previous internship and/or co-op experience
- Technical documentation such as system interconnect and wiring diagrams
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.