Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals.
It is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, this position may be conveyed with New Consumer Health. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to the successful candidate by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time and would be subject to any necessary consultation processes.
The Greece Payroll Lead role is responsible for ensuring all payrolls are delivered timely, accurately, and in compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements. This role will maintain processes to support the preparation of payroll processing, including data collection, data validations, reviewing and approving payroll results, and supporting employee and manager inquiries. The Greece Payroll Lead will have strong communication skills to communicate across a broad spectrum of stakeholders: interpreting complex payroll policy and procedures for managers and employees and providing direction to third party payroll providers on decisions made related to payroll administration. The Greece Payroll Lead role will be responsible for developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of payroll requirements, practices, and procedures for the country and ensuring accurate and updated documentation of these requirements. The Greece Payroll Lead role will report into the Cluster Payroll Lead for the France cluster, which also includes the following countries: Greece, Belgium, France, Netherlands, and Turkey. As such, the Greece Payroll Lead will also be responsible for supporting payroll processing tasks or directing payroll team members for other countries in the cluster.
- Processing of country payroll inputs using the country specific payroll vendor template(s) and ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all payroll cycles
- Collaboration with HR in-country and other functions to ensure all data is complete and received within payroll deadlines for processing
- Manage payroll calculation process with third-party payroll provider or in-house processing team
- Support the development of internal and external communications for specific payroll processes.
- Ensuring month end, quarter end and year end payroll returns are complete, accurate and submitted to Government agencies, in a timely manner.
- Responsible for annual payroll calendar, payroll elements, year-end updates and proactively communicate to HR/management/employees as appropriate.
- Make recommendations to Cluster Payroll Lead on payroll administration topics for countries in the cluster
- Liaison with payroll vendor (TPV) regarding upgrades/changes to payroll system when required.
- Execute, in accordance with globally established standards, processes for SOX compliance, internal controls, and required regulatory/statutory requirements (including payroll record data maintenance)
- Update and maintain payroll process and administration documentation
- Serve as the owner for audits (both internal and external)
- Coach and mentor payroll staff level resources in the cluster
- Support payroll projects and cross-functional projects with payroll dependency
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required
- A minimum of 6 years of prior experience in payroll processing / payroll operations is required
- Strong knowledge of payroll processing in Greece is required (processes, regulations, vendor landscape, etc.)
- Payroll certification is preferred (e.g. CPP, CFP)
- English language proficiency is required
- Greek language proficiency is required
- Strong research skills required
- Ability to think strategically, make recommendations to leadership, and in some cases, serve as the decision-maker for payroll administration topics in the cluster
- Cultural awareness and an ability to work with a multitude of people across Greece, Belgium, France, Netherlands, and Turkey
- A high degree of confidentiality, data protection assurance, conformity with J&J policies, procedures, external regulations, and agencies is required
- Prior experience with payroll processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance is preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience with the Leading Third-Party Payroll Providers (ADP, NGA, SDWorx, etc.), Kronos, Salesforce Service Cloud, Workday is preferred
- Prior experience in a multi-national company, and/or experience in a Service Center Environment preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience with Knowledge Management artifacts such as Desktop Procedures (DTPs) is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability