Ethicon , part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
Ethicon Companies of Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an Operator Mechanic II . located at San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico
Under the direction of the Line Facilitator and in compliance with QSR and safety requirements, performs necessary setups, repairs, preventive maintenance & operate manufacturing assigned equipment. Performs electrical work in connection with the installation, maintenance, repair of electrical systems, equipment and appliances
- The individual will produce different sizes and types of products of high quality and pre-determined production outputs.
- Optimize machine performance by observing operating conditions, replenishing raw materials and removing product that has cycled through the machine.
- Use initiatives to assure efficient machine operations and high-quality standards.
- Performs Machine Diagnosis (process problems), machine changeovers, machine setups, inspects and dispositions the finished product.
- Responsible of correcting machine problems to minimize downtime.
- May operate drill press, grinders, welding equipment and other tools to make repairs.
- Is responsible for the coordination and execution of Preventive Maintenance to the assigned equipment.
- Is responsible for the documentation of the PM’s and work orders.
- Read diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturing specifications related to assigned equipment.
- Troubleshoots computerized equipment.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and in compliance with the established 6S program for the work area.
- Proper use of all personal protective equipment, if required, to safely perform the job as necessary.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/facilitator.
EDUCATION: Associates Degree in Electronic Technology, Electronics, Industrial Mechanics or related technical field or bachelor’s degree in Electronic Technology, Electronics, Industrial Mechanics or related technical field is required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS :
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a regulated industry is required
- Basic computer management skills
- Intermediate English
- Strong electrical, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Basic PLC knowledge and ability to read schematics
- Experience in an automated industrial environment
- Requires full time ability to work operational hours
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.