The Tradeshow Specialist participates in the strategy and focuses on the implementation of US-based national and regional tradeshows and customer events. The Tradeshow Specialist works collaboratively with cross-functional internal staff and external vendors to execute on the company’s vision and business objectives at events.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities :
- Conduct pre-planning trade show, conference and special event strategy including: presentations/meetings, timelines, product lists, attendee lists in partnership with marketing managers and/or sales.
- Gather and align both internal and external resources to deliver a high quality presence for virtual or on-site tradeshows and sponsored symposia while managing strict guidelines and budget.
- Coordinate event and tradeshows logistics: including arranging hotel blocks, booth set-up and breakdown, managing travel, on-site scheduling, etc.
- Organize meeting specifications (meeting room set-up, hotel rooming list, food and beverage arrangements, audio-visual requirements, ground transportation arrangements, recreational activities, etc.)
- Administer logistics for regional tradeshow requests with local sales team.
- Administer tradeshow and events budget including tracking, reporting, initiating contract/procurement process and ensuring timely payment of vendors
- Schedule and participate in regular tradeshow and event planning meetings in collaboration with Commercial, Marketing, Corporate Communications and Medical Office
- Schedule and participate in post-event debriefs in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Assist in project managing print and digital advertising for medical journals and societies, including email blasts, while tracking budget, deadlines, and analytics.
- BA in Marketing or related degree
- 3-5 years trade show experience
- Confident in verbal and written communication with all levels of an organization, external partners, and vendors
- Must be highly organized, flexible, can thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects, with tight deadlines
- Must be able to source multimedia equipment and design room set-up; organize meeting materials; and coordinate and develop meeting/event collateral materials
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – specifically Powerpoint and Excel. SAP and Salesforce.com experience is a plus.
- Willingness to travel (40% domestic travel)
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs