Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health is recruiting for an exciting role of Director, Commercial Quality, EMEA.
Our Consumer Health companies produce many of the world's most trusted brands, among them TYLENOL®, MOTRIN®, LISTERINE®, NEUTROGENA®, NICORETTE®, LE PETIT MARSEILLAIS®, NEOSTRATA® and DR CI:LABO®. Each one of our consumer businesses adopts innovative science to create products that anticipate consumer needs and build experiences that help them live healthy, vibrant lives.
This position provides leadership and oversight to Q&C activities in Local Operating Companies within the region. This senior leader will have executive responsibility for the Quality and Compliance organization in EMEA, including all country clusters – Northern Europe, Southern Europe & France, Central Europe, Russia and CIS, and AMET.
This person supports the effective resolution of quality issues, cost improvement and reliability initiatives in partnership with the regional in market Supply Chain. This leader is accountable for compliance to the regulations applicable to all markets where our Consumer Health business operates in the region.
This position has accountability for Quality and Compliance decisions related to products commercialized in the region, including but not limited to drug products, cosmetics, foods, natural health products, medical devices and combination products sold by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health.
Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals.
It is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, this position may be conveyed with New Consumer Health. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to the successful candidate by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time and would be subject to any necessary consultation processes.
Key Responsibilities :
- Within Consumer Health Q&C EMEA, ensure local operating companies are in a state of audit readiness, and maintain good compliance relationships with regulators and internal regulatory compliance partners
- Define strategies and provide resources required by Quality units to ensure adequate execution of tactics to achieve compliance, reliability, and cost objectives within EMEA
- Mentor, train, lead and develop the Commercial Quality organization to meet Q&C requirements and business expectations
- Report on performance and issues via metrics and reports, including collecting data, analyzing trends, and preparing reports as required
- Make timely decisions and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic impact; ensures performance management and succession planning processes are delivering to desired objectives
- Build an engaged workforce and establishes a plan for continuous staff development; ensures a talent pipeline for the team
- Actively demonstrate values of diversity, equity and inclusion to support J&J objectives, and the development of an actively inclusive culture
Minimum B.S. in a life science or technical field; Advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D., M.D.) is highly desirable. MBA is of advantage.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical, Consumer/Cosmetic, Medical Device or Healthcare industries, with 5+ years in Quality, Compliance, R&D or other technical leadership role
- Significant experience in development and execution of Quality and Compliance strategy, Supply Chain functions and establishing productive working relationships with Health Authorities
- Experience with external suppliers, external manufacturers or other external relationship building
- Experience on a business leadership team board or Q&C leadership team board
- Experience leading a global community of professionals
- Seasoned leader, decision maker and constructive challenger
- Excellent communication, influencing and collaboration skills
- Fluency in English is necessary
- Key regional language (French, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Russian) proficiency is an advantage
- Experience in risk management and collaboration in an international environment
This role requires 20-30% of international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.