We are recruiting an experienced Senior Finance Analyst to join our growing team responsible for leading the Local GAAP Operations workstream as part of LE/MRC Operations under the SigniFi Finance Transformation program. The role can be UK (Pinewood Campus) or EMEA based, though preference would be the UK.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $92 billion in 2021 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 132,200 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In this high-profile global-facing role, you will support the team in designing, building and implementing the strategy to transform Johnson & Johnson’s local Statutory Financial Reporting processes under SigniFi.
Potential candidates will have a good understanding of the J&J Operating Model and ideally have had exposure to statutory reporting and accounting in a previous or current role. Project experience is not crucial.
Key Responsibilities :
- Support the business set-up and reconciliation of the parallel local GAAP ledger (L1) in Central Finance. Critical tasks include reconciling the data between the ERPs, Central Finance and the local financial statements, developing reporting solutions to simplify and standardize complex tasks, and partnering with PWC and our co-sourcing partners Deloitte.
- Share key insights and recommendations to help shape interim and end-state designs.
- Support the team in evaluating different options to standardize and effectively use new technologies, ensuring audit and compliance requirements are met.
- Partner with local Finance teams to understand and learn from current processes and support them as interim and end state design solutions are implemented.
- Support preparation of presentations, project plan updates etc. to senior management and other ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Help support the team in the timely execution of project plans.
- Provide timely and insightful updates on project progress, including potential issues and risk areas.
- Support future training and communications sessions across the broader finance organization
- Support wider team members on ad-hoc tasks, as required
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s level degree is required.
- Fully qualified accountant or an international qualified accountant equivalent is highly desirable
Experience and Skills:
- Relevant post qualification finance, accounting or business experience
- Proficient English
- Knowledge of general finance, tax and accounting processes
- An understanding of GAAP differences and adjustments between US GAAP and Local GAAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to partner with, influence and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to handle ambiguity and fluid situations
- Some travel may be required
- Exposure to statutory reporting and accounting in a previous or current role
- Strong understanding of standard methodologies in Accounting and Financial Systems, including SAP
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-ERP / system environment
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.