Johnson & Johnson International Singapore, part of Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting a Global Trade Controls Analyst reporting to the Senior Manager of GTC - APAC Trade Controls. This individual will be responsible for the continuous improvement, deployment, and governance of Global Trade data, processes, and automation strategies for Asia Pacific in partnership with the Global Trade Controls team. The Analyst will apply their expertise and skills to provide guidance on Trade Controls related issues including, but not limited to product classification, country of origin, duty optimization, export controls and sanctions. This role also collaborates with external resources to stay current on Asia Pacific legislative additions and changes and access any impact to the current processes.
The Global Trade Controls Analyst plays a critical role in the future of trade compliance in J&J as we look to strengthen regional capabilities to drive efficiency, compliance, and functional maturity of the Trade Compliance pillar. Be part of the team to design solutions that adapt to the ever-changing international trade environment.
- Identify, evaluate and interpret legislations that could have legal, operational impact to Johnson & Johnson.
- Supports and maintains trade controls documentation and processes including the review and remediation of areas to correct areas for process improvement.
- Prepare and present regional KPI’s and present to segments on the status of process improvement and remediation.
- Support in the execution of special trade programs such as Duty Drawbacks and Free Trade Agreements that can improve J&J’s financial position.
- Provide trade controls direction to Johnson & Johnson business function. They include support for government audits, general advisory and facilitating issue resolution
- Documents best practices and support in development of regional training program to improve trade compliance competency in local companies.
- Review Product classification and ensures data integrity such as HS / ECN classification, country of origin and valuation
- Develop and maintain Trade Compliance metrics – such as broker performance, and monitor suppliers on their compliance programs
- Support in performing reviews on internal processes and procedures to ensure compliance to government requirements and J&J policy, identify gaps and design process improvements.
- Support trade compliance due diligence relating to Acquisitions & Divestiture executions.
- Cultivate internal and external relationships through participation in various Global and Regional Initiatives to support J&J Strategic Goals.
- Technical competency in Trade Facilitations programs (Special trade programs and compliance in APAC countries)
- Support projects to implement improvements and adjustments to trade-related activities
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or the equivalent in experience (Supply Chain, Transport & Distribution, Logistics, International Studies, Legal, Economics)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in the functional area of Customs or Trade Compliance
- Experience and/or training in the following areas of competence: World Customs Organization, HTS code determination, Customs Valuation principles, Rules of Origin, Free Trade Agreements, INCOTERMS, AEO
- Consulting experience in Healthcare industry highly preferred.
- Skilled in analytical tools / platforms used for data analytics and trending
- Work collaboratively in a team environment and able to work independently on projects.
- Have strong interpersonal skills (written and oral) and the ability to work in a multi-functional customer-focused environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Customer oriented and a pro-active attitude
- Proficient in English, additional Asian languages preferred
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.