J&J Innovative Medicine is recruiting for a CAR-T Patient Support Eligibility Specialist, located in Horsham, PA.
At J&J Innovative Medicine, what matters most is helping people live full and balanced lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. We pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
J&J Innovative Medicine delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the lives of individuals with serious diseases. Built upon a legacy of creative firsts, J&J Innovative Medicine pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.jnj.com for more information.
We are J&J Innovative Medicine. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it!
Ciltacabtagene autoleucel (cilta-cel/JNJ-4528) is J&J Innovative Medicine’s novel, cell-therapy treatment whereby a patient’s immune cells are collected, shipped to the manufacturer, and genetically modified to be reinfused as a drug product into the patient. CAR-T requires a high degree of coordination across supply chain/commercial organizations and the hospital administering this treatment.
At J&J Innovative Medicine, we are raising the bar on customer experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Our customer service team supports eligible cancer patients and their caregivers through their CAR-T journey. We are deeply committed to providing patients/caregivers with an exceptional service experience, so they are well-positioned for treatment and to receive care.
The individual must be service-oriented and have the ability to perform in a dynamic environment, while remaining forward-thinking to proactively and reactively respond to patient/caregiver needs. A successful candidate must have excellent communication and critical thinking skills. The role represents a unique opportunity to directly assist patients/caregivers in close partnership with internal and external supplier partners.
This position will report into the Supervisor and will work in a department with multiple Patient Support Specialists. This position will play a critical role in the day-to-day operations of the patient support program by managing patient/caregiver eligibility and enrollment. In addition, this role is responsible for establishing relationships with treatment centers and developing ways of working to maximize efficiencies and performance metrics. To best support our customers, the team is set up as contact center with operating hours of 8AM to 8PM Monday through Friday in which you will be expected to work 8.5 hour shifts within operating hours and rotating shifts. This position is hybrid and will require in-office work time.
You must welcome the challenge of working in a highly visible role where you can meaningfully impact the health and well-being of others. You should be a motivated self-starter and quick study who approaches assignments with urgency and diligence.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Perform day-to-day call center activities which include treatment center management and patient enrollment and eligibility checks while managing the CAR-T patient throughout the beginning phases of their treatment journey
· Onboard new Certified Treatment Centers (CTCs) into the program to set expectations and establish ways of working
· Provide program overviews and serve as the point person for a select number of patients/caregivers in supporting their enrollment into the program through an online case management system
· Respond to inquiries from patients/caregivers/sites regarding the patient support service offerings using a call guide resource
· Perform administrative functions of responding to eligibility and enrollment inquiries from patients/caregivers
· Enter and maintain accurate data and records into CAR-T patient management tool in compliance with the program requirements
· Follow all SOPs to ensure program compliance in working with patients and capturing data requirements needed for the program
· Proactively work with patients/caregivers showing empathy and compassion throughout their treatment plan and providing exceptional service
· Work as a Patient Support Eligibility Specialist team member to monitor performance and help find operational improvements in the patient experience so that we can continue to improve our service offerings over time to best support patients
· Execute warm transfers of cases to the Patient Support Specialists and Patient Support Reimbursement Specialists, if needed
· Have a strong understanding of the hardships and exemptions policy and appropriately carry out the appeals process when necessary
· Escalate cases to Supervisors when issues arise or when supplemental input is required
*Note: This is not an extensive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
· Ability to welcome patients/caregivers into the program and act as their point of contact, providing support throughout the enrollment and eligibility processes
· Willingness to flex in a dynamic fast-paced environment with changing patient/caregiver needs
· Demonstrated excellence in communication skills in speaking with patients/caregivers in caring manner so they feel supported while beginning their treatment journey
· Demonstrated ability to remain calm, compassionate and empathetic in stressful and urgent situations
· Demonstrates ability to complete tasks with sense of urgency while adhering to SOPs and established program business rules
· Strong understanding of the importance of adhering to SOPs to ensure compliance throughout the process
· Self-starter skilled in problem-solving and using personal knowledge and any other available resources to work through ambiguous situations to resolve issues for patients/caregivers and optimize satisfaction
· Exhibits excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize activities to address patient eligibility and enrollment support needs
· Effectively work in a team environment that will require you to coordinate activities, build partnerships across multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally
· Agile learner who is comfortable operating in complex environments and shielding patients/caregivers from the complexity
· Passionate about supporting cancer patients with multiple myeloma, with the ability to translate their needs and serve as a resource for our services
· An Associate’s Degree with at least 2 years of experience is required, a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
· A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required, pharmaceutical/medical call center experience is preferred
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to demonstrate patient empathy and support is required, bilingual capabilities are preferred
· Ability to learn and work within IT platforms to document patient cases is required
· Effectively collaborate in a team environment that will require you to coordinate activities and build partnerships across internal/external organizations is required
· Skilled in problem-solving and using personal knowledge and any other valuable resources to work through ambiguous situations and ensure a positive customer experience is required
· Demonstrates excellent care management and ability to maintain records, in accordance with the program design and compliance standards is required
· Eager to take ownership, be proactive, and help enroll patients/caregivers into the program so that they are supported through their entire CAR-T journey is required
· Strong demonstration computer skills required is required
· This position will be in Horsham, PA at the CAR-T contact center and may require limited travel to other J&J locations for business meetings (temporarily remote)
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.