J&J Innovative Medicine Research & Development, L.L.C , a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Statistics & Decision Sciences Summer Interns for our Raritan, NJ, Titusville, NJ, Spring House, PA, and La Jolla, California locations, also virtual internships are potentially available (There are up to 10 positions available).
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. Our teams benefit from the student's academic training and in turn contribute to the further professional development of the student as well as have a first-hand opportunity to evaluate the student's potential for future employment.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In this role, students will be involved in activities such as:
- Supporting Research and Development in areas that range from Drug Discovery through Phase 2 and 3 clinical studies and concurrently Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, including: Data preparation, graphical exploration of data, statistical model building and analyses, report writing, and writing of computer programs or software applications associated with the statistical analyses.
- Other activities may include designing experiments, conducting simulations to evaluate optimal designs, and participation in methodological development.
- Students will have the opportunity to work with practicing statisticians and computing science specialists and to learn about practical, applied statistical needs and solutions specific to clinical or nonclinical pharmaceutical industry settings.
Note: The anticipated base pay for this position is between $24.00 and $32.00, but will be based on candidate’s program year, discipline, degree and/or experience
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing (not necessarily taking classes) and pursuing the following degrees: Biostatistics, Statistics, or a related Quantitative discipline.
- Candidates must be available to work 10-12 weeks from May - August and have the ability to work full-time during that time.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States, as Permanent Residents or United States Citizens, and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Proficiency in R is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
- Students must be able to provide their own transportation to/from their work location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.