Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech is recruiting for a 1 st shift Supervisor of Manufacturing in our Sensor Operations group, located in Woburn, MA.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
At Johnson & Johnson MedTech, we unleash diverse healthcare expertise, purposeful technology, and a passion for people to transform the future of medical intervention and empower everyone to live their best life possible.
For more than a century, we have driven breakthrough scientific innovation to address unmet needs and reimagine health. In surgery, orthopedics, vision, and interventional solutions, we continue to help save lives and create a future where healthcare solutions are smarter, less invasive, and more personalized.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
The supervisor will have ownership and responsibility for day to day activities in fiber optic pressure sensor production area. Ensure that daily production schedules are met and that manufacturing standards and procedures are followed. Provide day to day direction to the production personnel concerning work assignments, overtime reduction, quality issues/non-conformances, and priorities. Oversee the production process and production documentation to ensure compliance to Regulatory requirements and Abiomed’s Quality Policy. Responsible for continuous improvement activities in respective area, fostering teamwork, and maintaining a positive work environment. Support validation testing and the implementation of new components and equipment.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish a culture of excellence in execution, continuous improvement, and communication.
- Lead a production team (process, material, and equipment) to meet and exceed targets related to People, Safety, Environment, Quality, Delivery, and Cost
- Coordinate production activities with purchasing, maintenance/facilities, engineering, and quality control to optimize team members, schedules, and production equipment.
- Establish and manage cross training models for their area.
- Engage with engineering team to utilize capacity models and assess constraints as projected demand changes.
- Perform administrative duties such as regular employee meetings, timekeeping/attendance/vacation requests, performance appraisals (input with manager), disciplinary actions, interviewing, rewards & recognition, training, and development.
- Manage Production and Deliveries to target levels.
- Provide data and analysis on production, quality control, maintenance, and operational issues to determine causes of non-conformities.
- Help identify and resolve production problems utilizing problem solving tools such as: 5 Why’s, Cause and Effect, brainstorming, etc. Ability to know when to escalate an issue.
- Ensure compliance to the training plans, procedures, and industry regulations.
- Support and drive lean principles throughout the manufacturing floor.
- High School Degree required, Associates Degree or higher in technical field preferred.
- 2 years supervisory experience; Medical device experience preferred or other highly regulated environment.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Quality Assurance experience & knowledge of GMP required.
- Knowledge of Lean and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Ability to gain cooperation of others and lead team members.
- Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly, effectively, and frequently (oral and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of SAP desired.
- Expertise working with Fiber Optics is a plus.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .