Manager, Strategic Pricing
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices, and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high-quality products and services to help heal, cure disease, and improve the quality of life.
Johnson & Johnson Medtech (JJMT) is a lead player in MedTech sector in Canada with innovations across multiple surgical areas. Most Canadian hospitals and other healthcare facilities, across care continuum use JJMT innovations, to deliver unmatched patient outcomes every day.
Strategic Customer Group (SCG) of JJMT is responsible for driving strategic growth initiatives and revenue growth from a select range of the largest institutional customers in Canada. The Strategic Customer Group (SCG) of Johnson and Johnson MedTech (JJMT) Canada enables revenue generation across all portfolios in Canada, with comprehensive contract and pricing capabilities.
The Strategic Contracts & Pricing team within SCG is responsible for establishing contracting and pricing capabilities for executing portfolio contracting strategies, risk mitigation, efficient process and change management, and optimizing data and systems to enable contract data insights.
Reporting to Senior Manager, Strategic Contracts and Pricing, the Manager, Strategic Pricing is the technical expert on the contracting systems with an innovation mindset through technology to streamline pricing workflow ownership and operational changes. They improve and facilitate all processes, reporting, training and policies related to pricing. The Manager, Strategic Pricing will develop strategic relationships with all portfolio and commercial leads, Finance, Deliver, Health Care Compliance (HCC) and Legal. They will lead rebate efficiency and insights, pricing execution & maintenance and are the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) compliance operational owner for Contracts and Pricing. This role has 5 analysts reporting to them which the Manager, Strategic Pricing will be responsible for leading, coaching and developing.
· Identify areas for improvement within systems, processes, and interactions. Provide recommendations regularly to management to support J&J’s objective for continuous improvement.
· Lead and manage the annual price setting process for Hospitals and Dealers
· Develops and delivers training programs to internal audiences on Contracts and Pricing systems and useful insights reporting
· Lead and manage rebate efficiency & insights
· Take an active role in developing and improving training materials and SOPs
· Maintain appropriate documentation in accordance with SOX 404 Requirements
· Coach/mentor and develop 5 analysts to strengthen their skillset and improve the quality of their work, support career planning and development of the team toward a long-term vision of growth
· Partner with Legal and Health Care Compliance (HCC) ensuring risk analysis and data accuracy included when developing new customer pricing solutions.
Experience: A minimum 5 years of experience in Contracting & Pricing or related business experience within Life-sciences industry (MedTech/Pharma).
· A minimum of 3 years of People Leadership is highly desirable
· Strong business, financial acumen & automation technology acumen
· Strong data analytical skills
· Ability to work well in a matrix cross-functional environment and build support across a complex set of stakeholders
o Ability to form strong, trust-based relationships with Account Management, Commercial leaders, Finance, Legal, Health Care Compliance (HCC), Supply Chain and Contract Management Organization
· Experience leading aspects of data system implementation, technology & automation that can be applied to contract and pricing
· Ability to quickly understand and synthesize complex information and recommend optimal solutions
· Project management experience or ability to manage project across functions, desired
· Strong executive level communication skills, written and spoken
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
· Strong technical skills, high proficiency with MS Excel. Strong use of MS Word, MS Outlook, SAP (ERP), business intelligence systems (Tableau) and other desktop applications
· Office-based employees are based in Markham, Ontario, Canada, in a hybrid model of combined remote and onsite presence.
· Office deskwork, requiring sitting, using the phone and computer.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing, and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.