Abiomed is an innovative medical device business with an inspiring mission "Patients First," and a unique guiding company principle " Recovering hearts. Saving lives." With more than 2,000 employees, Abiomed is one of the fastest growing medical technology businesses in the world with corporate headquarters in Danvers, USA, and locations in Aachen and Berlin, Germany, Tokyo, Japan, and Singapore. Abiomed is part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech.
Abiomed is an employer with attractive working conditions and an appreciative corporate culture that focuses on the needs of its employees. Abiomed inspires and retains exceptional talent through collaboration, passion and continuous development.
Medical Science Liaison (d/f/m) Medical Device – Region Nordics & UK
This role reports to the Associate Director Medical Affairs EMEA. The Medical Science Liaison will manage the regional efforts of the Medical Affairs group within the European Medical Affairs Team. The Medical Science Liaison is responsible for supporting the EMEA Abiomed Business in establishing highest medical-scientific credibility with our customers. The Medical Science Liaison shall act as a scientific expert between Abiomed and the medical community through the communication of scientific evidence-based data and serves as an expert consultant to internal cross-functional partners within Abiomed by providing product related, evidence-based information, including educational support to the Sales and Marketing groups. This position is key to sharing and deepening the clinical understanding of cardiac unloading and heart recovery in the specialist community.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as an expert resource on Abiomed’s product’s scientific and clinical evidence and associated disease states to the Company, specifically the Commercial Organization, implementing the company’s scientific communication strategy on a regional level through regular field visits and collaboration
- Serves as an information source to physicians and researchers through dissemination, clarification and education of scientific clinical evidence.
- Responsible for external speaker approval and qualification using the most current scientific and clinical information including quality control.
Medical Science & Therapeutic area knowledge
- Maintain extensive clinical/scientific expertise as a subject matter expert of the relevant therapeutic areas, products, company pipeline, medical technology and competitor
- Maintain understanding of medical device development methodology, marketing and market access concepts, health care reimbursement to be able to collaborate with business partners.
- Develop peer-level relationship networks with thought leaders, professional groups, organizations, decision makers and other key stakeholders in cardiovascular diseases in the assigned geography.
- Share and discuss evidence-based scientific data with stakeholders in accordance with company guidance
- Part of the Physicians team in the Medical Office to support the Clinical Support Center and Field Team in patient support cases, also responding to unsolicited questions as appropriate through ‘one on one’ contacts and group presentations
- Facilitate education on disease state, product pipeline and competitor products to internal stakeholders and external customers as appropriate.
- Medical Degree with ideally 2–5 years of experience in the Medical Device Industry
- Proven understanding of the medical device and healthcare system requirements
- Analytical skills and capability to understand, interpret, and communicate complex scientific information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English. Another European language is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Ability to communicate effectively with Thought Leaders
- Strong team player and mature personality that works effectively on cross-functional teams, with medical and non-medical professionals at all levels and in an international environment
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills with proven track record in the organization of medical-scientific events
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally approximately 80% of the time
- Language proficiency in German & English
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.