We are Janssen. We are part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. We fight against the most serious diseases. At Janssen Germany, we all work together for this great goal. We find new ways to develop medicines and make them available to everyone who needs them. To do this, we collaborate with researchers, institutes and start-ups around the world to drive the development of new healthcare solutions.
Our work focuses on the therapeutic areas of oncology, immunology, infectiology, psychiatry and pulmonary hypertension. This is an exciting task that we are passionate about. We are a team. For us, open dialog and mutual appreciation are more important than hierarchies. We have already achieved many things for patients that were previously unimaginable. And we want to achieve much more.
Janssen Cilag GmbH is recruiting for a
Business Unit Lead for Neuroscience (m/w/d)
located in Neuss, Germany (full-time 100%).
This is an exciting task that we are passionate about. We are a high performing team. For us, open dialog and mutual appreciation are more important than hierarchies. We have already achieved many things for patients that were previously unimaginable. And we want to achieve much more. That's why we need you in our team at the Neuss site, between the Rhine metropolises of Cologne and Düsseldorf.
- Lead the Marketing and Sales team of our Business Unit Neuroscience
- Guarantee short and long-term commercial success of our Business Unit Neuroscience brands, its in-market products (Depression, Multiple Sclerosis) and future launches
- Ensure high quality business planning and forecasting (including resource allocation)
- Setting targets and aligning these with other functions (i. e. Medical, Market Access/Pricing/Reimbursement, Business Insights, Finance) in the Janssen Germany Operating Company
- Implementation of the Business Unit strategy in cooperation with cross-functional teams as well as Business Unit relevant commercial activities in the German Operating Company
- Represent the German Operating Company on European level and contribute to therapeutic area and product strategy according to Janssens "Collaborate Model": proactively collaborating through locally agreed priorities for the Brand Value Plan (BVP) and Integrated Evidence Generation Plan (IEGP) on European and Global level
- Involvement in talent and recruiting activities, also from other business units and product teams
- Implementation of agile ways of working and ensure best practice sharing at local and regional level
- Anticipating changes in the market and the industry, establish a good customer network and maintain contacts with external stakeholders
- University degree eg in business administration, medicine, or natural sciences.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in Health Care (Strategy, implementation, operations) for large pharmaceutical players
Experience and Skills:
- Deep commercial experience in pharmaceutical Marketing and Sales functions (at least 7 years), P&L responsibility
- Sales leadership experience (ideally 2 nd line leadership)
- Several years of experience in people management with successful personnel development, experience in organizational change management
- Knowledge of Pharma Rx market dynamics, customer needs and experience from different therapeutic areas (ideally Psychiatry)
- Preferably regional or global Commercial experience
- Preferably deep analytical and digital experiences to drive business performance in an operating company, return on investment analysis
- Preferably relevant knowledge German pharmaceutical markets and policies
Change agent who can deal with uncertainty and ambiguity and has a vision of a better future
- Strong leadership competencies in developing, coaching and inspiring teams across multiple layers of hierarchy
- Strong cross-functional collaborator across various functions
- Personality with a strong ability to convince others of their ideas, concepts and plans with arguments
- Takes responsibility for business goals and developing solutions that always meet and often exceed expectation
- Sees the customer at the center of everything and looks for "added value"
- Motivates and enables others to achieve the desired goal and successfully develops employees by promoting their diversity and self-awareness
- Keeps the big picture in mind without losing sight of details
- Acts in accordance with credo standards and builds trust with stakeholders
- Remains resilient during periods of stress and copes well with change
- Business fluent in German, fluent in spoken and written English
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our corporate culture at Johnson & Johnson and are a fundamental principle of our daily business. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo. We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences.
That is why in Germany we are working to create an inclusive environment and culture where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their full potential – no matter who they are. Therefore, we welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity. Racism and discrimination are not tolerated at our company, because Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means "You belong"!
Our goal is to offer people with disabilities a workplace that is as barrier-free as possible. We are aware that needs can be very individual. We respond to these and work closely with our representative for severely disabled employees. Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.