Janssen Supply Chain Schaffhausen – Cilag AG, is looking to identify and source a Senior Regional Facilities Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Facilities Management Sub Regional Leader (SRL) , while being a member of the site leadership team, the strategically focused role of Senior Regional Site Facilities Manager is a critical appointment for Janssen Supply Chain Schaffhausen.
The candidate for this role will support the Schaffhausen campus while being part of the broader Sub regional Facilities team. As such they will maintain an active link between the E&PS center of excellence and the sites.
About Janssen Supply Chain Schaffhausen
Johnson & Johnson (J&J) is an American Multinational Pharmaceutical and Healthcare company, with Biotech / Pharmaceutical and MedTech manufacturing divisions.
Janssen Supply Chain (JSC) Schaffhausen – Cilag AG, in operation since 1936, is one of the major Pharma manufacturing hub, employing up to 2000 people. The campus is comprised of 8 distinct facilities, with specific focus on:
- Warehousing pharmaceutical and or chemical
- QC lab
J&J has 3 manufacturing sites in Switzerland, with their Facilities function reporting to the Facilities Management SRL.
This role ensures the consistent delivery of all facilities related functions, including facilities maintenance operations, infrastructure management, workplace experience, space management, efficient delivery of site services, maintenance and utilities operations, project delivery, energy management and facilities operations by applying an effective balance of internal employees and service providers.
The role sits on the Site Leadership Team (SLT) at JSC Schaffhausen, having responsibility for the facilities function, while contributing to the successful leadership of the site. As a peer on the Facilities Management Sub regional team (GER-AUS-CH), the role will work closely with their peers in the region to align the site with and achieve the sub regional team goals.
The incumbent needs the ability to deliver on this role, combined with leadership ability to work effectively with many peers and customers.
Facilities Management - Technical Aspect of Role
- Responsible for implementing business continuity plans, energy/sustainability initiatives, and infrastructure management programs to support strategic facilities planning in support of Engineering and Property Services (E&PS) and Site Leadership.
- Lead an efficient Utilities Maintenance Program to sustain targeted equipment availability.
- Develop/ Maintain relevant Critical metrics for Facilities and report progress and plans to the site and global leadership teams.
- Ensure effective and high-quality data maintenance in the Computerised Maintenance management system.
- Assure accurate documentation of records for facilities department activities.
- Ensure high standards of safety and environmental processes and systems in relation to work preparation, execution and control for internal and external teams.
- Responsible for knowledge of and alignment to the policies and procedures as they relate to the requirements of FDA Quality System Regulation, ISO 13485 and ISO 9001.
- Establish budget and accurate spending projections, lead within capital and operating resources and have ability to identify significant OPEX and capital spend requirements during Budget preparation.
- Handle handover of projects from the Projects team on completion.
- Manage a team of 17 permanent staff.
- Provide leadership and mentor the professional and personal development of reports by providing performance feedback, establishing clear goals and objectives.
- Building strong productive working relationships within the FM function, so that it operates as a cohesive team.
- Lead contractors on site, by communicating and collaborating with key contractors for service delivery, repairs & maintenance and agreements for the facility and grounds.
Site Leadership Team and Facilities Sub Regional Team
- Represents the Facilities function (FM) on the SLT, while contributing to the successful running of the whole site as a strong member of the SLT.
- Build strong business relationships with key customers across the site functions, ensuring that the site FM goals are met while fully supporting the site goals.
- Build strong working relationships with peers in the sub region, ensuring that the site FM goals are aligned with the sub regional goals.
- Participation & leading of matrix teams.
Qualification and Experience
- MSC or BSC (with equivalent years of experience) in Engineering, Facility management or a related subject area.
- Clear understanding of J&J Credo Values.
- A comprehensive understanding and experience of facilities management, with the technical ability to operate as an Engineering Manager.
- Strong passion for people leadership and development, with the proven track record to collaborate with, influence and partner with colleagues throughout the Manufacturing Operation as a Strategic Business Partner.
- Experience of working in a Regulated Manufacturing environment, preferably Biotech, Pharmaceutical, MedTech or Food manufacturing facilities.
- Experience leading teams through change and dealing with organizational transformation
- Solid understanding of Quality & Safety Management Standards.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience at Site Leadership Level in Facilities / Engineering role.
- Knowledge of capital project delivery
- Knowledge of Equipment/Calibration repair & preventive maintenance programs and asset management implementation.
- Drive, energy and passion for delivering to Business commitments.
- Proven record of critical thinking and tactical responsiveness.
- Team leadership including mentoring & coaching skills proven in a business environment.
- Strong communication, reporting and presentation skills.
- Good organizational skills and orientation to detail.
- Familiar and experienced in problem solving methodologies.
- Strong influencing and Collaboration skills.
- Strive for continuous improvement on facility and labour standards.
- Enthusiasm and ability to engage effectively with Government agencies and with the local community.
Diversity & Inclusion
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
At Johnson & Johnson (J&J), we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, growing communities and forward progress. As the world’s largest and most broadly-based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, build healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.