Reporting directly to the District Manager and representing Johnson & Johnson Vision Surgical Products to appropriate customer base within a designated geographical area, placing major emphasis on increasing sales of Monofocal and Refractive IOL’s, Phaco, OVD, adjunct products and any other new technologies.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
Main areas of responsibility
- Must manage a budget for Travel and Expenses as well as manage a budget for the territory. All other consigned lenses, trunk stock, literature, and surgical equipment will be the responsibility of the AE to manage the assets appropriately.
- Achieve assigned sales goals through creative, consultative selling and implementation of the U.S. marketing plans for all disposable, capital, and other surgical and non-surgical products.
- Call on all Ophthalmologists and staff within the assigned territory to grow the market share of that area, as well as to maintain the current base of business.
- Provide technical product knowledge and in-service support to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Effectively utilize all Johnson & Johnson sales specialists to enhance productivity and provide optimal customer satisfaction, including collaborating with Laser Vision Correction Group counterparts as a means of providing customers with a full product solution.
- Comply with required reports and requests, effectively manage Johnson & Johnson field assets to include consigned products, surgical instruments, surgical equipment, sales force automation, ancillary items, and operates territory within budgetary guidelines.
- Manage a budget for Travel and Expenses as well as for the territory.
- Demonstrate an independent, creative, and consultative/value based sales approach to selling IOLs, Phaco equipment, viscoelastics and surgical adjuncts.
- Selling time for IOLs, Phaco and adjuncts are consistent with current year marketing plan.
- Provide expert product knowledge with regard to surgical and refractive techniques, technical product support, in-service programs and innovative educational programs.
- Prepare and provide detailed sales/procedural/financial presentations to new and existing customers.
- Leverage and effectively utilize all other Johnson & Johnson’s resources and sales personnel and strategic partners to enhance field productivity. This includes integration of the Phaco in-service, innovative educational programs and CORE.
- Utilize Customer Resource Management System and computer hardware/software to enhance productivity. Prepares and submits on a timely basis all reports requested by management and marketing through use of email.
- Effectively manage Johnson & Johnson’s field assets to include IOL consignments (achieve target consignment ratios), product samples (within assigned budget), surgical instruments, Phaco demonstration equipment/accessories and computer hardware/software.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $81,000-$120,750.
Minimum education required for competent performance:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience is required.
Minimum experience (number of month/years and type of work experience beyond formal education) required for competent performance:
- A valid driver's license in one of the 50 United States is required.
- 3 years of professional selling experience is required.
- Surgical O.R. experience is preferred.
- The ability to work independently, as well as part of a team and support company goals and sales objectives is required.
- The ability to travel (approximately 35-50%), which may include overnight / weekend travel is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .